1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kryptview EPG

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Mick1961, Nov 9, 2007.

1. dog1973

dog1973 Member

Finally got it up and running. Many thanks. Great box and will be alot better with a working EPG. Hope it's sorted soon. Anyway thanks again

2. foxyboy

foxyboy Regular member

hi guys i bought a kryptview with it loaded, automatic seach found 135 channels but scrambled any ideas?

3. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

you need to leave it on a scrambled channel such as Sky Sports, can take up to an hour to de-scramble.

The software has been released to fix the EPG and info bar for ireland, some one has posted the link in a previous thread. Its the same update as what previously came out, the now and next works on about 50 to 60 percent of the channels, the info bar is the same. The 7 day EPG doesnt work, in Dublin at least (I am sure some one will post more info on this, the pixelation problem is still present on some channels,

4. foxyboy

foxyboy Regular member

hi mickah , was wondering is there any update signal or does it stay on scrambled no video until channels come on.

5. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

depending on your area and your CC, it can take anything from 5 mins to over an hour. flick through the channels also, see if you have some and not all.

6. foxyboy

foxyboy Regular member

i am geting some channels but not a lot,and they came on straight away while waiting an hour no extra channels. when i put the "box" back on i have no problem.

7. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

its got to do with the arnet, not your cable. I would re-flash with the latest software for Ireland, then factory re-set and have a go again to see if that pulls it in. You mentioned your outside Dublin sisnt you?> If you are what are you on, MMDS or True Cable???

8. foxyboy

foxyboy Regular member

9. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

All instructions done by Stretch Sat and Sat Downloads, I take no credit for any of the below, its all their good work. I would suggest if you dont have the loader for loading software visit sat downloads or the previous posts to get the software and loader, to flash the arnet is simple enough to do as easy as the Starview or Box

WARNING

BEFORE FLASHING WITH THIS METHOD YOU MUST EXIT EASY INSTALLATION AND GO INTO THE MENU/SYSTEM SETTINGS/OTHER SETTINGS AND SWITCH POWERSCAN MODE TO OFF!!!

OTHER WISE AS AN ALTERNATIVE METHOD SET UP THE LOADER WITH THE ARNET UNPLUGGED, START THE LOADER THEN PLUG IN THE POWER ON THE ARNET TO START THE FLASH. FUTURE FIRMWARE YOU MAY HAVE TO DO THIS ALL THE TIME

1. Using the RS232 (Null Modem) cable connect the box to the back of your computer.

2. Plug the KRYPTViEW ArnEt into the mains power supply.

3. Make sure The KRYPTViEW ArnEt displays 0000 on the front of the box. Or if you are updating from a working firmware with existing channels just make sure it's switched on (not standby).

4. Double click the KRYPTViEW ArnEt loader (it looks like a grey satellite dish).

5. The loader will open. Click the green download button. Another box will open saying Code Send. Click Open…

6. Click on KRYPTViEW SOFTWARE once, so it is highlighted. Then click the Open button. This file will now appear File box.

7. Click Start in the loader box then immediately press the RED button half way down the remote control TWICE, then the STANDBY button at the top left hand corner of the remote. (Red circle with a line at the top). So its START-RED-RED-STANDBY

The software will start downloading

The display on the front of the KRYPTViEW ArnEt will have a green line going round and round.
    Wait until it says Download Success !

10. foxyboy

foxyboy Regular member

thanks mickah, let you know how i get on.

11. foxyboy

foxyboy Regular member

hi , i put in new firmware, got7 tps, got a more channels now and all unscrambled, how do i get the rest, leave it on?

12. foxyboy

foxyboy Regular member

sorry mickah for harassing you but thsnks mate up and running , still some work to do but getting there, thanks again.

13. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

No worries foxy, glad I could help.

14. mr_smith

mr_smith Member

15. mr_smith

mr_smith Member

could you help me i have just bought the arnet a700c well thats wot it says on box but the epg is very slow supposed to be the latest box on the market but got no cd or cables with it also does not look the same as your post (epg)have i a totally diffrent box from what you have

16. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Can you post a picture of it? if you read the previuos threads, you will see you need a RS232 cable and you can download software for for the box and load straight onto it.

17. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

I always have trouble with the KRYPTVIEW epg. it only gives you what on now and what on next (unlike the advertised 7day epg :mad:) and half the time mine cant pick up the epg information and just says unknown or something =( until i browse some channles or rescan and even then sometimes i cant get any of the epg information up.

18. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Where are you based and what version software u running?

If in Ireland use the 291107 and the UK 291007, loading the 291107 in the UK is glitchy. The 7 day EPG is not working correctly in Ireland. If you chose a channel, press EPG and then look at the bottom of the screen for the next step. In ireland it will give you the full day.

19. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

hi,
    i am in the uk and in surbiton which i think uses the croydon network?
    i think my software is 1.0 (but i heard the newer software is for ireland only and the first version works best in uk?)
    if you want i can make a video of my epg problems and put it on youtube for you?
    edit: how can i find out the software versions etc?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  20. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Ok - For the UK, use 221007 it is the most stable one to use. I am not sure if the guys have loaded it to the software library. If your stuck I will PM you a link for it.

I am not sure which I ID you need to use for channels, but it could be your on the wrong one.