1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KRYPTVIEW IN IRELAND

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bear09, May 8, 2009.

1. bear09

bear09 Member

Hi I see the kryptview is fully working in Dublin as a friend of mine is selling them I was wonderin if it would be worth my while buying one or will they be knocked off like all the other kind of boxes or will I hold out and wait for a fix for my old box

WHAT TO DO? WHAT TO DO?

Any advice would be great Thanks

2. karljd

karljd Regular member

Thats your choice mate,as no one is quite sure how long they'll last,it depends what you want it for,if its for the football i would hold off till the start of next season as things may be a bit clearer by then.By the way as a matter of interest how much is your"friend" charging?

3. bear09

bear09 Member

He said 170 for 1 its not for the football its for the woman she likes her movies im grand ive the laptop to keep me busy I priced a kryptview online with delivery it was only 104euro if it lasted 2 months it would be worth it rather than subscribing for it. Can u tell me why there is a fix for 1 box but not the rest.

4. SG8

SG8 Active member

You can have MY one for 170!!! lol

5. karljd

karljd Regular member

Don't no about the rest of the boxes and why they missed the boat,maybe they don't deem the Republic important enough or finacially benefical,but tell your so called "friend" to go and sling his hook he's trying to make €70 off you.If your happy with the site you found go ahead if not i can pm you one(the same as fergusb is referring people to)

6. bosco11

bosco11 Member

karljd, can you PM me please?

7. gavinc09

gavinc09 Member

From what I've been told the Kryptview boxes will be lucky to last the summer. I think we will just have to wait and see if anyone gets lucky and beats NAGRA 3.

8. karljd

karljd Regular member

pm sent

9. karljd

karljd Regular member

Everyones heard different stories at this stage of the game,we just have to wait and see,thats why people should make up their own mind about what to do because no one can say for certainty how long we'll get out of the kryptview.

10. razzor12

razzor12 Member

Is there any more Kryptview available ? If so can you please pm me karljd, thanks

11. bear09

bear09 Member

I ordered 1 online knowiong my luck the kryptview wil be knocked off the day it arrives thanks for taking the time to reply to me

I rang me mate and told him ive 1 on the way i ordered it for just over 100euro including delivery he told me i couldnt have he said he is gettin them for 140 each and thats only because he bought 10 of them off a fella over here and that I was probably scamed out of my money. All my friends bought them off him and they now want a refund from him he charged them 200 each the only scamming I can see happening is him trying his luck

12. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

He`s ripping people off, (some mate). Better off buying them online yourself ;)

13. sandisk

sandisk Regular member

Can someone please send me the link on where to get this box too?

Thanks

14. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Google tailormadecircuits, (everyone else is), this is a recommendation, I am sure if you look through the search bar this supplier has been mentioned in many threads.

As have many other suppliers both good and bad, there is no harm in recommending suppliers.

Actually just had a look through the search bar and there are mountains of threads on suppliers for every type of box. My recommendation of TMC is based upon customer support, price, delivery, post/after sales service, product knowledge, time in business.

So I am recommending them as a good supplier. I do not advertise suppliers as I am not affiliated with any. I am passing on what has already been posted many times before ;)

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  15. sandisk

sandisk Regular member

Cheers sc0user, this is for a mate actually. I found BCB very good in the past but I'm seein all this "pm sent" and I'm thinking is there a cheaper supplier about with quality delivery.....

Me personally I'm finished with the cable boxes unless a fix is released for the Starview ect... but I'm not holding my breath and if/until N3 is hacked.
    I'm going down the other route as in Satellite, I'm going to get the ball rolling with that after the wkend.

Thanks for you input mate :)

16. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No problem, the "pm" situation is not a clandestine means of communication :) Recommending a good supplier is just what's going on :)

Fair play on entering the Sat scene you will find it enjoyable :)

17. sandisk

sandisk Regular member

Yep TMC seems to be one of the cheapest for the boxes alright.

I've actually bought some other stuff from them before as in max232 leads ect... but I didn't recall seeing the Kryptview, saying that it's been awhile since I ordered from them.

Yep I'm going to enter the Sat scene, well to a certain extent :) Currently I've 'little' knowledge on how to bring in the channels I want but I know a guy who works in a sat shop and even though it will cost some €€€€ to get what I want, I reckon it could be worth it.
    And all the time I'll try to gather the info required to be able to sort it for myself for future.

18. bear09

bear09 Member

Is the sat boxes harder than the cable boxes to set up also would i get different stations on it or would it be the same

19. pizza63

pizza63 Member

Hi Folks!
    I'm new to this game so go easy on me! I'm been driven demented by my girlfriend asking me about these Kryptview boxes ever since our Starview died. Where can I get one, what price should I pay and is it as easy to set up as the Starview were? Thank! Gr8 site!

20. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

Look back a few posts scouser recommended a site to buy from and they are reliable.