1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kryptview, sv6, eurovox, dreambox n3 solution

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fintannl, Jul 4, 2010.

1. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

interesting viewpoint. so sky, ntl, virgin etc.. couldn't be arsed securing their services. its only a multi-billion industry. why should they worry about small games that cost them 100's of millions every year. how many people can they afford to pay annually to crack such systems if it costs them hundreds of millions. rather a lot i would suggest. so unless you are secure in what you do i suggest you just have a think about the examples these people wish to make. all i ask is that you ensure your system is secure. no public server is secure.

2. e45

e45 Regular member

im sure they are well aware of this they are not stupid like i said before people download music and movies everyday no difference they have to prove beyond all reasonable doubt that its you connected and not a cloned modem connected now how are they going to do all this ?? .....mmm ..... i suppose they can monitor everyone at the same time

3. snakebean

snakebean Guest

nice banter between E45 & Fintnnl, LOL.

i currently have NTHELL and pay full subs, however im really keen to get a new krypt box and set up my own server. im wanting to share the subs with my family.

any idea if this can be done and how the hell to go about it, i cannot find a thing relating to it.

if someone would be kind enough to send me some links to tutorials on the matter i would be grateful.

thanks lads.

4. e45

e45 Regular member

Impossible mate without the correct stuff you will not be able to do that sorry

5. SG8

SG8 Active member

What he said!

6. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

public shares allow you alone to access their system. they do not allow you to reshare their system with other users. potentially you could offer your username and password to your friends but this will mean that multiple users will be using the same username and password. you will find yourself cut-off from the service in no time. to be able to share you must first have your own card to share. then you must know how to share that card

7. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

welcome back fintannl :)

8. e45

e45 Regular member

and you wont be able to share a cable card if its gone to N3 unless you have what is needed

and on kryptview you do not get a name or password

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  9. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

got off my proverbial horse for a bit

10. overhill

overhill Member

Being a gambler I knew you might be back. Welcome!

Have you got rhyme and verse i.e. Sections and sub sections and Articles and sub articles you might like to quote to fully substantiate the innuendo in your argument?

11. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

well overhill i do appreciate your comments. obviously you have no idea but its sweet to read your comments. its always great to acknowledge people with smart comments who have no technical knowledge whatsoever. well done

12. e45

e45 Regular member

you buy the box you take the chance like us all dont forget they have to prove what you are doing and there are privicy laws that also protect you they just cant go well we will watch this person or that person because we think they are using a box ? its the same as using peer to peer do they bother NO they dont they are not after people they are after the server to get that switched off and if its out side of their reach they wont be able to get any info including ip address of people using it and so what if they did ?? what can they do ? it could have been a person using a clone modem for all they know

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  13. overhill

overhill Member

Thats what you think! I served my time learning how to use a Yaesu.

14. e45

e45 Regular member

good stuff m8 keep up the good work ;-)

15. adyk

adyk Member

god you just to love this place haha.

Exeter is now nag3 so end of the line for me with my old trusty starview box super (original mark 1 ) haha.

still good to see the banter is still alive and well ;)

thanks for all the info guys fintannl and e45 you are legends

ady

16. e45

e45 Regular member

well ady all is not lost ya can still get boxes that work around the problem you are having so all is still good so the Kryptview A780 is your best bet if ya going for a box

17. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

e45, i hate sounding like a scratched record, but how could you possibly promote the kryptview as the best solution. this forum has promoted the public server solutions offered by the sv6 and the kva780 which are both public server solutions. so the gods that be have closed down the sv6 solution. how long before they close down the kryptview solution? and this is only because it is so evident. at least with a dreambox you are not subscribing to a public server. you may be costing the tv provider some money but nothing in comparison to what the sv6 and kryptview solutions are doing. so can you not figure that the next point of attack is to get rid of the kryptview public servers. if it can be done with the sv6 how hard can it be for the kryyptview. can you please explain your logic to say investment in kryptview is a reasonable way forward? i'm lost

18. e45

e45 Regular member

i have all ready gone thru this and not going over it again the Sv people paid peanuts and got monkeys thats why they where caught you dont keep a server or servers in the same country that you are using the boxes in simples

19. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

even if what you say is true last time i checked most countries have legal enforcement units. do you honestly believe that the tv provider will not follow these guys to the ends of the earth. if you don't then you have a very unique viewpoint

20. e45

e45 Regular member

emphasise is on most not all :)