1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kryptview, sv6, eurovox, dreambox n3 solution

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fintannl, Jul 4, 2010.

1. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

this is pointless. whatever

2. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

i think hiding mac and ip is easier than going down the sly road. i know i couldnt do all that thats why i and most people will get a kv its prtty simple and i wouldnt want to put my foot thru my quad core trying to get my head round the sly thing.

3. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

tongs, if u can hide a mac/ip you ain't computer illiterate. as such the dreambox is a breeze to somebody like you. the warning is to those who simply have no clue and want an easy solution

4. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

when ive read about the sly route and thats all ive done is read it really looked like a big mess on. i know a thing or two about pcs but that just seemed a head ache. i think although this thread is you two having a nibble at each other lol but there is a lot of usefull info shared by both parties and if people actually sat down and read up on posts instead of posting in different threads about people not giving info to make it more secure...... well you know what i mean. you both know your stuff and ive listened to very wise words from very wise men and so should everyone else.

5. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

agreed. its always a choice. do what you feel is best for you

6. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

different courses for different horses or so they say. mainly got it for the kids to be honest. dont wanna get nabbed for watching disney and nick jnr. if i do and i go down i will say they caught me bare naked bare knuckle fighting the bare naked bare knuckle gypsy champ on a gypsy camp site:S (that was a joke i am in no way saying if anyone gets caught they will go down! also saying i PROBABLY could not fight the bare naked knuckled gyppo champ lol)

7. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

yes but you have to at least know there is a danger first, as most think its just the same as the last box!

8. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

i knew there was a risk but didnt apply precauctions till reading this thread. it may or may not be nessesary but better to be safe than sorry. also mate i see your have something in forsale, did you get a letter or cut off or do you still have live feed?

9. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

simply do not understand what you say.????? only thing i know is that i did make a bundle on the galway races today

10. scandalu

scandalu Guest

fintanni...i have to agree with you regarding e45 promoting the kryptview...the guys selling the sv6 in ireland were stupid imbeciles,and their actions shouldn't be an indication of the sv6 distributors in the uk...i agree the uk have had a server prob since the start,but the server issue has been resolved for the uk for the past 3 weeks...if anyone is still having a prob,just get incontact with whom you bought it from..if not,stick the olf firmware back on it and return it as faulty..simple!

11. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

no im in ireland, and well box is no good here :(
    but yes this thread does open your eyes if you read it
    not only does it show/tell you the dangers but it gives you the option on how to hide and protect a bit more

12. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

thats good. different courses for different horses means each to thier own

13. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

so nothing came back to you after they found it? just trying to get to the bottom of this dispute that when they do find IT they find YOU. anyhows they probably just store you on a data base as a naughty one i would think?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  14. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

scandalou, understand what you say but do not agree (free expression). i have an aversion to public servers where users can get identified. its my opinion. i continue to advise members on how to share with friends.

15. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

that would be something only the people who had the server in place, the police,and "possibly upce" would know
    also more than likely we/i may never know if they do/did have them
    but dont be fooled there was only a handfull of people using them here "compared to uk"

16. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

lol i know i didnt see his post sorry mate like i say you have wise words and i know nothing compared to you and your comments are appreciated

17. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

just wanted to know if you still have live feed m8 to be honest? i think you probably have unlesss your using your phone or on someone elses pc/lappy at a different address?

18. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

ohh i get you now, yes i still have my connection to my cable&broadband :)
    as i always had 1`of there boxes even when i had the sv.1,2,3 and krypt
    anyway enjoy, im not trying to get people to get rid of there boxes just take that extra step to protect @ £60 it would be worth it, if the wost ever happened!

19. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

yeah i am deffo not trying to put people off buying it as its working in england and thats a fair price for all channels. was just trying to find out where you stood to try and put this dispute to an end. there after big fish not small ones BUT still take precautions as a little fish normally is the one that they make an example of

20. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

neither am i. just want to let people know what they are getting into. i started this thread for a reason. hope it adds some value