1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kryptview, sv6, eurovox, dreambox n3 solution

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fintannl, Jul 4, 2010.

1. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

encourage it safely, petal

2. e45

e45 Regular member

what ever m8 get over it your like an old record stuck on play

3. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

funny but i always think that of you. now isn't that a laugh

4. overhill

overhill Member

I assure anyone who might be worried that I am not an agent of any servers or the like!

I am as my name suggests an old foggie who likes his sport on the telly and hates to be paying over the top for it. I am retired and have not got money to throw around. I am not advocating anyone breaking the law but am not adverse to sticking my neck out and like to know what I am up against.

If there is a legit way to operate the Kryptview A750 or 780 without getting prosecuted and convicted I am up for it.

In the hope that there will be such a way in Ireland in the near future does anyone know if the I-connect modem for the A750 simply extracts the signals for all stations from the BB just by connecting it to a router or is firmware other than the original A750 firmware needed ?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  5. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

can i suggest you look at the possibility of sharing with friends rather than using large public share servers. it really isn't that hard. all the information is available via piopat. i do not say that this solution will live forever. but while it works why not c/s on satellite rather than having your ip shared to all on a big share. your choice.

6. lankey

lankey Member

just been reading the posts and e45 rules what a nice guy

7. overhill

overhill Member

The way things are going freeview seems to be the sensible option.

Does anyone know of anything coming down the line in relation to full switch over to N3 in Ireland and the consequences of same in relation to the U.K.

What effect will H.D. broadcasts have in relation to the final switch over to N3?

Dont want to sound smart but would like to see the general spin on things!

8. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

luhg, you miss the idea. please reread some of the more recent posts

9. overhill

overhill Member

What idea do I miss?

Surely the idea is to avoid paying the likes of sly big fees despite what has happened to the national broadcasters historically since the independant T.V. companies came on board.

Is it not enough that we have to pay a licence fee in these recessionary times! We are all feeling the pinch. I have read the earlier threads and I understand the position somewhat in relation to the footprint issue of terrestrial H.D. broadcasts from Ireland in relation to how they might impact on an area of the U.K. insofar as E.C.law might affect same.

I wonder if the European Legislators should rewiew the law under the current economic climate as being patently unjust towards the persons it was intended to protect in the first instance and I wonder why the tail now seems to be wagging the dog in so far as the independant companies and laterally cable and satellite companies seem to be controlling the legislators!

I realise that the likes of sly can prop up football clubs but has the situation now not got so much out of control as to be highly unreasonable in the public interest. Surely what is in the public interest must be paramount and it does not seem reasonable that we should be paying more than we can bear just to watch decent sport on tele.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  10. e45

e45 Regular member

Excatly mate that is the idea but other just like to put a damp cloth on it

11. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

thanks e45, all i can say is that i never did appreciate your advice to other members so your communion of spirits with overhill means little to me. i cannot communicate more without expressing a degree of negativity to what you promote. if members wish to follow your advice then you have done a good job, in the meantime i will always try and convince members that there are so many better solutions than your cheap pay server rubbish.

12. e45

e45 Regular member

no matter what way they go they will have to pay sat or cable at least if the buy a cable box its a once off payment for the Kryptview one if they go sat route they have to buy box dish get it installed if they dont have it then there is the sat box which is not easy for the ordinary person to flash or sort out clines as if you look on any of the posts on here you will see people having problems flashing cable boxes so you think they would be able to do linux well if ya do your mad then and then not forgetting the server cost monthly or yearly as well for ever

13. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

As I always say, buyer beware, if folk are silly enough not to read all they can on the subject matters of both cable and sat, then its their choice, not mine nor anyone else's, the majority of folk just want the simple asnwer to their problem, they may not be technically minded to go the Sat route or the cost of the equipment etc some are not technically minded to flash a cable box,

but at the end of the day its their choice what they do, we are not here to chastise them on the rights or wrongs of any choice they make, if some one wants to use a Kryptview, thats their choice, if someone wants to use a payserver for Sat, thats thier choice, there has been enough posted on both for them to decide the perils, if they get pinched for using either, whos fault is it? Mine or anyone else on here? Nope, they are adults, they decided on their own.

So can we cut the your right I am wrong posts now, its actually defeating the purpose of what you are trying to get across and starting to sound like Norris and Rita from Corrie, not that I watch such things

14. piopat

piopat Active member

hi guys i think satellite is a better way to go ,i accept some people may have a problem flashing a box such as a dreambox and setting up the box for cs but in my own experience of helping people its a problem most people can overcome when they have some one patient helping them and talking them slowly through each stage .the advantage of satellite to cable is that when the channels go on cable (due to n3 ) you are left at best with maybe 4 or 5 channels ,where as on satellite you always have a large amount of free to air channels (see the list below).

bbc 1-4 (and regional versions)also the red button interactive sports using dreambox edit
    itv 1-4 and +1 channels (and regional versions )
    ch4/e4/more4 and +1 channels
    ch5
    cbs action
    cbs reality and +1
    cbs drama
    film4 and +1
    movies for men and +1
    movies for men 2 and +1
    horror channel and +1
    true entertainment
    true movies
    true movies 2
    thats 22 free entertainment channels (not including the +1 channels )and more to come ,and there are music channels
    bliss /dance nation/flava/lava/nme tv/scuz/starz tv/the vault/vintage tv/clubland tv/chartshow tv. thats another 12 channels.
    plus plenty of kids tv channels ,shopping channels like qvc etc ,sadly there are no fta sports channels . the only cost here is getting a dish installed (you can buy your own box such as a dm500s for about 70 euro ,of course any fta reciever will do if you only intend to watch fta channels )all these channels are free no matter what, of course with a dreambox a person can cardshare amongst friends/family or buy a c line if they want the pay channels(the first option being the better option )so satellite has a big advantage over cable and a person need not go down the cs route unless the choose to. you can get a dish and fta reciever installed for about 150 euro (a one off payment ) for a lot of channels you will always get free .

15. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Good post pat and points out whats available, but the prob lies with premium chans, thats what people want, be it sport, ppv or movies, a lot of the FTA chans are really, muck to be really honest (bbc, itv some others are Ok), unless you are not interested in prem sport etc, this is a good way to go, but being realistic, the majority on here are looking for the top chans, like it or lump it, it leaves the lan cable boxs or the CS on Sat, which in reality, not a lot of folk on here would know someone with pvt share that they could be part off, so it leaves the pay servers, which is the only way for em to go,

So its FTA sat or take the plunge with Lan cable box or CS sat, which both have issues and well documented,

But I think both of what the lads have debated above offer up both sides of the story and its up to the OP to read between the lines and make their choice themselves,

16. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

Agree totally with pat and Mickah. Only problem for a lot of people with regards to sat is if they, like me are in an apartment where it is strictly forbidden to put up a dish. So I put it in the girlfriends instead! Anyway, with regards to e45 and fintan I would never push someone towards payservers or the like but nor would I be high and mighty to say 'What your doing is wrong!! Stop it! Your ruining the whole point of sharing' etc. etc. As I find that hypocritical and annoying. As we all well know giving out a cline to a mate somewhere near you is also illegal. We are all after the same goal, as cheap of a premium service tv as possible. People are all grown up on here so should be able to make up their own minds after some research on the pro's and cons of any TV piracy/sharing activity they wish to try. Just my 2 cents. It's getting boring reading the bickering to be honest.

17. overhill

overhill Member

Right Mooley agree with you 100%.

Night and God bless all!

18. JaneyMack

JaneyMack Regular member

And also I've your apartment is west facing & therefore can't see the bloody astra satelltie. Damn. :)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  19. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Which leads me back to what I was saying, we are all adults here, well most anyways, so let them do and decide what they want, we are not the moral police nor are we here to police what anyone does, the info is there on both options, the risks are known on both options and as Mooley rightly mentions above, sharing private with 5 or 10 mates, is the same as getting a share and paying for it, you getting and distributing something which the others havent paid for and you dont have the rights to, we can debate this one till the cows come home, morally its the same thing, albeit not doing it public like a payserver, so lets be real here

So as our Graham on Blind Date used to say "The choice is yours"

20. JaneyMack

JaneyMack Regular member

With you there 100% there Mick. I was going to get the StarV right before it went nipples up in Ireland - glad I didn't. Looked into the Sat route but can't see the astra satellite so waiting until I move to sort out the cs with friends who are already set-up so that's gonna be my choice.
    I've read up extensively here on the options & fancy my choice for security & stability of service. The cs has been working fine for nearly 2 yrs.

And as Cilla used to say: "And have a lorra lorra fun!!!!" LOL