1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kryptview

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by paddybong, Mar 30, 2009.

1. paddybong

paddybong Regular member

Hi,i hear the kryptview is still working in Ireland,does anyone no if it will still work with the new encryption [n3],is it worth dumbing my eurovox 51000 for a kryptview as more chanels have gone.

Thanks paddy.

2. KWALL99

KWALL99 Member

I don't think it will work with N3 , as N3 has not been cracked anywhere yet. Am getting myself a Kryptview though in the hope of getting the channels until the end of the football season at least.

3. Gero123

Gero123 Member

Hi, i am from dublin, and just wondering if i was to buy a kryptview box, woul it come with the latest fix on it or will i have to put it on myself, and if so were would i get the latest fix????

4. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

Gero123 you will have to put the latest firmware on it yourself and you will find everything that you need in Eamos Library.

5. storybud

storybud Member

i got a new kryptview box and am trying to put the firmware on it but my computer keeps telling me i need to install a program that will allow my computer to open bin files.
    i had win amp saved on my computer and used that on my eurovox the last time they wend down but it's telling me my 40 day trial is up and i need to pay now to use it.
    does anyone know any other safe/free programs i can download?

6. blueco

blueco Member

save your bin file to desktop and then drag it to loader

7. yammagamm

yammagamm Regular member

why are you trying to open a bin file ?unless you know programming i think you are wasteing your time but a hexeditor like winhex i think will open it..

8. storybud

storybud Member

when i try to open the kryptview firmware it keeps saying "to open this file,windows needs to know what program created it.windows can go online to look it up manually,or you can manually select from a list of programs on your computer.what do you want to do?"
    i've tried it on 3 different computers and got the same on each one.
    i'm lost,if anyone could help me it'd be great....

9. dcummo

dcummo Member

i could be mistaken but if you have downloaded dont open it right click on it and extract files to get to the loader probably worth setting up a folder and keep everything in it together
    it uses win rar as far as i know and be got from cnet dont know if its in eamos libary

10. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

You have to download the loader, before you can flash the kryptview.
    When you have both the loader & firmware on your desktop, open the loader & you can select the firmware from there.

11. dcummo

dcummo Member

sorry noel i persumed he knew as he said he had done it before sorry if my info was mileading

12. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

you`re grand mate, your info wasnt misleading ;)
    I think he forgot to download the loader, which he`ll need to flash the b0x. And you`re right, in most cases you need winrar to extract the files (which is available here on AD ).
    For the kryptview firmware, i didnt need to extract the file, the loader did it for me.

13. dcummo

dcummo Member

no prob noel come on the celts
    should have the league this year again its up to them
    have to try fix mine after the roll having no luck yet

14. everestin

everestin Guest

re getting win rar.you should find a good version of winrar on pirates bay codes and all.

15. everestin

everestin Guest

does any one out there have in dublin have a kryptview working 100 percent ? a bin file on its own is very confusing for a nebie. to avoid this some sites have things arranged so a package comes down together . a loader (that is an application that feeds the info into the box)THE LOADER IS A PROGRAMME AND IT IS THE ONLY PROGRAMME THE WILL OPEN THE BIN FILE. Once the loade has opened the bin file try pressing download. bubble send these two files together wrapped in a compressed package called win rar .read a bit about winrar. its worth it. a free version on pirates bay.when you have opened this pack open the loader, if you do this, the first thing it will say to you is where is the bin file,so all you have to do is remenber where you have left the bin and the loader (application programme) will open the bin file for YOU.and if you press download it will send it to the box. lets know if that works TA

16. everestin

everestin Guest

the easiest way i found getting the loader was on the bubblecable boxes site as they have a toolbar you can down load and on it there is a thing called sofwar fixes.click that and then the kryptviwe the kryptview.the loader looks like a satelite and thats where o got the loader.as regards the instuctions as how to load ,eamos site had a few of these ,there is only a few, but one was great with photos.both bubble and eamos links have the bin file ,again check for the dates and ares.play it safe loading wrong bin files threw my starview into a black hole. getting a kryptview if i hear of any ones working in irelad

17. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

No need to go elsewhere for winrar when you can get it here on AD free.

And yes, I have a kryptview working 100& in Dublin (for now anyway).

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  18. everestin

everestin Guest

Thanks.

19. mark0288

mark0288 Regular member

ive a krptview working in dublin buy the 750 ive the 700 one works fine even till the end of the season ie football go man u.

20. flanzer

flanzer Member

With all the talk of the Kryptview doing the job in the interim for Nag2, why hasn't the fix been leaked to other boxes??...Just a thought. Is it a case that Kryptview have it and hope to boost sales?