1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solved kv 780 back working

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by cactikid, Jan 11, 2016.

1. cactikid

cactikid Active member

as you probably know its starting to come back again slowly give it time to fully recover;);)

2. goldram

goldram Member

Looking good eh?... To all the people who doubted it... I just had a feeling it would be back on, but no so soon...Purely on the reason that the last couple of PPV have been on before it went off... And on some forums some was it was financially struggling.. But why pay for something like that if you havnt any money... Personally, I wouldn't mind donating to it anyway.. Maybe every couple of months... How would everyone feel about that?...So was it the flooding or the KV on their Jollys?.... Any road up...... Thanks to the KV team... Always come thro,against all the odds....

thumbsup likes this.
  3. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Just update I have ssnews but no sly sports 1/2/3/4/5 I have bbtt1 & 2, I also have a stutter! So no new updates to scan? And just a waiting game for all to come back on, or are others getting all back on atm?

4. cactikid

cactikid Active member

no as i said in 1st post coming back slowly give it time.

5. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Yes am being patient. Just asked is it any different elsewhere in that channels ss1/2/3/4/5 on in other areas. Pm you regards another query....bout a week ago

6. cactikid

cactikid Active member

plenty of posts with channels missing on the kv780,other query working on others with no issues.

7. tonyd1956

tonyd1956 Member

Lisbon67 I have the same , sky F1 but no 1234 or 5, do have racing channels not tried movies etc. Do have BT 1 and 2.
    Will try to it give the direct cable to the receiver solution and see what happens? Right now using a splitter for cable but that will be a job for during the week. All up to date as cactikid informs us and not really used the box much, this is why I came looking for information. Will let you know if anything happens.

8. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

whats the problem tony? how are your cables set up? and the f1 box is old so doesnt have auto update on channels you need to download new channel list via ajsat

9. Smig82

Smig82 Member

I have a KV780, it wouldn't update, just froze on the screen when I tried. If I put it back on now, will it update and will I get a few channels?

10. cactikid

cactikid Active member

there has been no updates for this box for a while,does box and router need a reboot or box rescanned to bring back channels,sports and movies not back.

11. noideame

noideame Regular member

is that channels not back or if not back, as i did rescan after factory df direct from wall no router connected, but still no sp 1-5

12. goldram

goldram Member

Personally I'm a bit puzzled with the channels that are working and the channels that are not working... ie the main sports channels and the majority of the movie channels too...
    But loads and loads of unimportant channels working.. So why?... Kryptview must know which channels people want more than others... Is this a deliberate agreement between Kryptiew and Virgin.. Sounds crazy but I can not think of any reason.. Even the VM preview channels are working... So why not the Sky Sports and movie channels?...... Rant over.... Waits for response!!!!!!!....

13. tonyd1956

tonyd1956 Member

my box is not a satellite box but cable. So why would I use ajsat? My box as the other kryptview A780 does have auto update but as with everyone else, only certain channels work.
    As regards F1 its not a box, it is a channel, Formula 1. I do however thank-you for the information supplied but I think it is irrelevant to the kryptview situation. However if I am wrong a more thorough explanation would be appreciated.

14. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

my fault, i just thought when you mentioned the F1 you were talking about the F1 skybox and not receiving the channels. thought you had jumped on the wrong forum, and a relevant point to the kv is get rid and get a sky or other cable box matem, like i did around 3 years ago, never looked back.

15. tonyd1956

tonyd1956 Member

No problem, not really bothered at this time. I have looked at other boxes but all come with their own problems and streaming now seems to more the road to look at rather than boxes . Thanks for the info anyway

16. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

ive got a sat/ cable combi box and an android box for streaming. one thing to bear in mind is dont expect live tv to be that great while streaming, great for movies but live TV is hit and miss, just to give you something to think about

17. noideame

noideame Regular member

ok then, final question on the Kv why do some people get sp 1-5 and others get none ?
    yes i know its past its sell by date, but just dont understand why for some and not for others.

18. goldram

goldram Member

Ditto.... I just don't understand the situation with the KV atm... I've read on another forum that there off for legal reasons..... I would love someone to explain that to me.. Honestly... I just can not get my head round it all since Christmas....

19. noideame

noideame Regular member

yea im flummoxed baffled whatever, but no one can explain why which makes it stranger.

20. cactikid

cactikid Active member

could be but not sure but both boxes are on different servers so sp 1-5 could work on one without the other?only a user on the 850 could say if working.