1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KV a780

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by warrent2, Sep 20, 2012.

1. warrent2

warrent2 Member

Ive always been a big fan of KV and own a 780. I also have a subbed sv7.

Why will me sv7 work perfect but the a780's picture constantly jump. I have a good connection 30mb.

Ive concluded this is the KV server is this happening to my box only or everyones? Also if there all jumping to high server usuage is there any subbed servers

2. 2dogsfighting71

2dogsfighting71 Regular member

My kv was very glitchy on monday night, it settled down before the footy came on though.

3. warrent2

warrent2 Member

Mines jumping 24/7

4. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

are you paying for a cable feed or did you just split your bband feed into your cable box? If you arent paying, this is why your box cold be breaking up as the TV signal could be lowered causing break up, you could be using a bad splitter, check all your cables first and see if they are in good order, decent splitter etc,

5. warrent2

warrent2 Member

i have a super hub 30mb tho the feed is just running off the same splitter, i only have 1 cable feed into my living room, the sv7 seems to work alright

6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

are you paying a cable sub or did you just split the bband? if this is just split your tv signal is reduced, take the SV of it and see if this improves, whats the signal levels you are getting? Anything below about 75% approx will cause break up on the kryptview,

7. pollyton7

pollyton7 Member

I'm sorry MICKAH i dont think paying or not paying a sub matters,by the way i do
    i think no one person knows what is controlling the breakup of signal, watching one of my programes saturday 22/09/ 2012 somebody threw a switch and we lost the signal everything else is working! (STRANGE) somebody controls?

8. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

ehh yer wrong there, as if your not paying for a cable sub, the signal is lowered down by VM, so if ure running a bunch of boxs on a reduced signal, break up will occur, weak signal to a cable box will cause break up, pixelation and freezing, secondly, your internet, their internet, their cable is also paramount to you getting a good quality pic and service, so please dont tell me by not paying for a cable sub isnt part of a problem with break up, run a few boxs off a weak signal and you will soon see

9. e45

e45 Regular member

Just because you have a 30mb feed to your BB what has that got to do with your cable problem, most areas and people only paying for BB have had their signal reduced to BB use only, maybe your area was one of them.

Where did you get the Net Id for your box from, scanning on an incorrect Net id is another big problem, what you might think is for you might not be as a lot of areas where reassigned Net id, only way to know 100% is by getting it from a subbed virgin box, if you dont have one well what can i say.

So you have a Sv box on your feed with your BB so that is one split so that brings your feed down to 50%, so you add another box what does that give you, the more splits the more signal degradation you get.

10. e45

e45 Regular member

Ya try Virgin first, if you lose everything so does everyone else if KV turns them off, so if mickey up the road has his channels what does that say, could be your area Net id that is affected, not theirs, and there is no one controlling a switch, one on all on one off all off if its a KV problem, except for the HD as Sd and HD are on different servers.

Next time your tv goes off try virgin website for problems, be it the net or the cable, you need both for your tv to work, so one off your off..... simples !!

11. warrent2

warrent2 Member

the sv is always turned off when the kv is in operation, im not sure what you mean by netid, ive scanned using the tw option as im in a old tw area that would be the same as 9952 symbol rate.

Signal rate is about 70% that should be enough! I know youve always been kv's biggest fan but surley if 1 works and the other doesnt.........

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  12. cactikid

cactikid Active member

maybe starview will work on a lower signal and kryptview will not,but as said before if they reduce your signal everything connected gets hit and as folks have said many times before old cabling and splitters will give problems,how else are vm going to affect your box viewing?

put the kryptview on the main coax feed with everything else removed and retry.

13. warrent2

warrent2 Member

il try taking it somewhere else as i cant add to the main feed as i need it split somwhere to run my modem. I think they must of cut the signal as i had a high signal when i moved here and had to use an attenuator, thats never been on the system for a while now.

Thanks for the help lads!

14. e45

e45 Regular member

You need to have a net I'd for your box to get the correct channels for your area, the TW that is what you are talking about this is the symbol rate and not Net I'd, this to me would mean you are not using your correct net I'd, this can be found on your subbed box, that is the only way you can say 100% you are on the right one for your area, if you are using the incorrect one you will be getting the symptoms you are posting about .

I would suggest you bring your box to a house that has a subbed box get the correct net I'd and scan on it then watch the box for a bit and see if their is any difference, also when you take your box back to your own house you are going to have to repete the same process again, as there net I'd might not suit your area.

15. pollyton7

pollyton7 Member

If you follow the flow, which we all try to ,don't rock boat.
    it's impossible to say anything against the people who try
    to give us uninterrupted broadcast's,would like to see better
    help ??????

16. warrent2

warrent2 Member

Where do i find the net id on the subbed box? and how to enter on the kv?

17. e45

e45 Regular member

Well maybe you should start reading up and then you can help all you want.

18. e45

e45 Regular member