1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KV BOXES BACKON TONIGHT!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sharpspc, Apr 13, 2011.

1. jodav

jodav Regular member

Fair do's MICKAH, I hope you know where I was coming from though. I like to help people, and have stopped coming to this forum often, because I do not like the bias from e45, and yes yourself especially regarding Starviews (and I own a Kryptview). You have a great deal to offer this forum. and believe it or not have my respect. As for e45, he could not lace HiTechs boots and he knows it, He ran away when the going got tough with the Kryptview, and no doubt will gradually show up again as the Kryptview progresses.

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Well I base my opinion on hard facts Jodav and hard facts do speak for themselves when it comes to SV or Krypt or any box, I will be honest when asked and honest in my post's about which I think is the better, it boils down to service, quality, back up, up time to the punter and SV just havent cut it for me in those stakes, even the older boxs, it was cut and run on the punters, never fix a problem, create a new box, so for me I will promote the better box, in this case the Krypt, unless SV do a redical 360, which I cant see happening.

This forum was to help, but a lot of dirty linen and personal beefs gets dragged across here from other sites, which there is no need for, if folk dont like each other, stay away from each other, simple as, but some cant let it go

3. jodav

jodav Regular member

I will also promote the Kryptview, but look back on my posts in any forum, you will see that i have never slagged the Starview off, and never drummed to people "I told you so many months ago not to buy one" when they are down and out. Maybe I am too soft, but I believe people have a right to post whatever they want. I also think people are put off posting because of comments from certain people.
    As for TK, I am more than happy there as long as I am made welcome.

4. cactikid

cactikid Active member

same here mick we grew up with boxes and found the pros and cons of most,if people start attacking people they can only take so much abuse off people.they will be left to fend for themselves.we can only advise what to do with info he said wait and see we all said that and the same was said for starview

5. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Not doubting ya Jodav, if folk wanna post or go with what they want, by all means, but at least they are getting both sides of the coin from myself if they want an opinion and as I mention above, basing it on history and fact, like a few of the sat guys can base their opinion on their history/fact of certain Sat boxs, thats they way it should be.....

but like I mention above, to much went on previously on here and other sites and seems to end up back on here, as MODS on other sites dont allow it to happen or cut it out fairly quick or they may not be on a site as big as this, but if members aint here to help or offer advise without the sting in the tail or a caustic remark, then why bother come here at all..... as its obvious why they are here.... viscous circle

Anyways... now they Krypt is starting to come back, hopefully full service will be resumed

6. jodav

jodav Regular member

Like i said fair do's MICKAH, maybe we are both trying to do the same thing, but are on different wavelengths.

cactikid, keep out of it.

7. jammo2002

jammo2002 Regular member

heartily agrees with u guys
    some people slated sv into the ground
    and laughed when it went offline for
    a while - while stating kv was the best.
    when kv ran into trouble - silence -
    thats all im gonna say.
    i like mikah he states what he thinks
    without ramming 1 box down your throat

8. tonyd1956

tonyd1956 Member

7.30am Edinburgh rescanned twice, tried SW update nothing, only freeview available. Box was on all night awaiting any update.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  9. cactikid

cactikid Active member

there is no update yet people are retold to power off box modem and router for 30 secs then on leave it on a sports channel it should clear,more to be added.

10. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Aye we prob are, but I am as straight as an arrow when I say something and some find that to direct, just trying to be clear and concise with info, but look, lets draw a line in the sand and be done with it and continue to help in what way we can... ; - )

11. Federer16

Federer16 Member

this is greattttt news for all kv owners....well done kv..happy days...im happy for all kv owners

12. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

OK the latest on the Krypt, there is one SRV running at present and its limited to 5000 boxs, so the more that log on, the longer it takes to get up and running fully, SV had this issue to, best connect when its up and running fully, Up to you guys, but I would say hold fire until ya hear more on it,

Just passing the info on........

13. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

Thats excellent feedback & info...thanks Mickah

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  14. ph2kuk

ph2kuk Member

Hey everyone there is a green tent on wheels going up & down my road again, is this the end? & I can hear whispering in the bushes

15. 2dogsfighting71

2dogsfighting71 Regular member

Sly 1, 2, 3 & some kids channels back on in Merseyside. (Happy days) Please note.... The channels that work are usually typed in black on the channel list/menu. The ones that dont, are typed in blue. But this isn't working at the mo. Good luck everyone.

16. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

does KV freeze during live footy matches?

17. 2dogsfighting71

They can do for about 15 seconds but not very often. Most games i've watched this season have been uninterupted from start to finish.

18. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

thanks for reply

THANKS

19. 2dogsfighting71

Hope they're back on before the footy kicks off!

20. e45

e45 Regular member

Im sure it will be m8