1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kvcd and .bin file

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by fusion810, Nov 15, 2004.

1. fusion810

fusion810 Guest

I am new to this whole thing and i had some questions. I downloaded this file off of bitTorrent and it was a movie that said it was a Kvcd but it was in bin format, it also had a .cue file with it also. How do i open this file so that i can watch it?

Thank you

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I would suggest you to 'mount' the image, now. The movie is placed in E:\MPEGAV\AVSEQ01.DAT (if it's a VCD image) or into E:\MPEG2\AVSEQ01.MPG (if it's a SVCD image) .
    If you have a SVCD, you're done, Windows cannot read those files (you can compress it to AVI with Virtualdub-MPEG2, anyway).

In genaral, the AVSEQ01.* files are 'riff files' and must be converted into 'true mpeg' files before doing anything with them Use VCGEar [vcdgear], dat ---> mpeg or mpeg ---> mpeg, but I think BSPlayer can read them. Try it.

An, once you've seen the KVCD, a contribution on my "KVCD quality?" poll http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/126073 is appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  3. fusion810

fusion810 Guest

is there any program that allows me to break the movie up and put it on to 2 discs

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Just use TMPGenc. You can either encode the movie selecting "Settings---Advanced--Select Range (0--->F for CD1; F+1--> end (put -1) for CD2 when it is still in the .AVI form or using File --> MPEG Tools --> Merge & Cut (as type choose = non-standard Video-CD) if you have the movie in .MPG form.

But it's strange! Over 120' of movie fit into a KVCD! How did you extract the movie from the .BIN?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2004