1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kvcd file to large to burn

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by blueboy20, Nov 16, 2004.

1. blueboy20

blueboy20 Member

Hi everyone.Im new in here so bear with me.I have a kvcd file and have extracted it to leave me with a `BIN` file and a `CUE` file.I know that it is the `CUE` file which i have to burn,but when i come to burn it with NERO it says the file is to large for the disc.Im using CDR 80 700MB, and the file im trying to burn is 707MB.
    Is there any way i can overcome this problem as i cant find any larger media???
    Also can it be put onto a dvd-r 4.7GB disc?????
    ANY GUIDES AND SOFTWARE TO HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.............

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

The problem maybe lies in Nero which converts the 'non standard Video-CD into a 'standard Video-CD').
    Didn't I post to aviod nero and use VCDGear instead (read the 'sticky' threads?

I mean, if the mpeg file aacceptable, the KVCD .BIN should'n be much larger than the original mpeg (with VCDEasy will be about 10.6 megabytes larger. With VCDGear, something similar).

When you've done the CD, please partecipate to my 'poll' (http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/126073).

Last edited: Nov 17, 2004