1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Label or not to label........that is the question

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by morgana3, Feb 13, 2005.

1. morgana3

morgana3 Guest

Well, at least for me, it seems like the jury has come back with its verdict. No labels. It seems my son watched "The Chronicles of Riddick" with no problems at all. So I thought. He had peeled and scraped off the label because it wouldn't work and after doing so it did. No more labels for me. I was a bit "ticked" though to find the dvd was stuck in the top of the player because of the adhesive from the label. Since they will play in my computer, it's time to backup up all my back ups. :-o

2. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

If your going to back them up because you already put labels on them, why not use some rubbing alcohol to remove the adhesive once you scrape the label off. As long as you place the dvd's data side on something soft like a cotton tee-shirt you should be able to rub the top pretty vigorously without problems. I say this because I had a soda spill in my car and got into my disc holder, I had to clean like 20 disc's with this thick-sticky goo thanks to the hot Florida sun.

3. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

You can also try WD40 and the stickers will just about slide off. Then wash them with mild soap and warm water.

4. morgana3

morgana3 Guest

Thanks for the advice. I'll start with the WD-40 first since peeling is a pain. And Ono, I know all about this Floridian sun. Thank goodness for AC.

5. eric545

eric545 Regular member

morgana3

You can also do what I recently did. I bought an Epson Stylus Photo R300 that prints direct to white inkjet printable cd's and DVD.

Although I got mine at a good price you can find the Epson Stylus Photo R200 for $92.00 and free shipping at:

http://www.3gplaza.com/estore/control/Computer3G/productdetails?id=29433

I have only had mine a few months, but I can tell you now, I will never go back to labels!

6. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Morgana3:

That's nice Welsh/Cornish name, there's a baby bottle cleaning fluid, here in the UK it's called Milton it sterilizes the bottle between baby feeds..

mix up a strong solution of this, place the labelled discs' in, and leave for an hour or so, after that the labells have/will float off.. wash with clean water, and allow to dry.

No rubbing, no carcinogenic chemicals, just clean, water, and discs'..

regards gringle.