1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Labeling DVD with DVDShrink & Nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by GenPatton, Feb 13, 2005.

1. GenPatton

GenPatton Member

When using DVD Shrink and Nero to Burn, the name of the DVD that I'm burning is "NEW". Shrink says that the label is the name of the movie that I'm working with but the burned copy always reads "NEW" in the PC.

Is there a setting in Nero that will deal with this issue?

I know its a minor issue but it is a pet peeve of mine that I like my DVDs labeled with the title of the movie and not "NEW".

Thanks in Adbvance!

2. burnner

burnner Member

I have the exact same problem. Did you ever find a fix for this?

3. GenPatton

GenPatton Member

No I have not found a solution to this problem. I was hoping that somebody on this board would have some suggestions.

4. burnner

burnner Member

I just checked the Nero site and found that they have another major update for Nero 6.6. I installed all of the updates and retried DVD Shrink. The new Nero update fixed the problem! There are lots of Nero release notes that probably explain the problem.

5. bassnut

bassnut Regular member

The lable .... "New" is set in the Nero DVD Burning Rom. I just noticed this when burning a data backup but not sure how to correct it as yet .... maybe the new update will fix the issue ....maybe someone here can help shed some light. To check .... open Nero and expand the left side pannel and select Nero Burning Rom. From there it will give you some choices .... mainly .... DVD-ROM(ISO) and DVD-ROM(VIDEO) I would assume .... one of these two.

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

One way to label the backup to the name of the movie is to select hdd folder as your target and then when dvd shrink is done open nero<select burn image<select dvd vidio files<add the vidio file from your hdd<click next<where it says disc name, type in the name of the movie.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005