1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LAME Problems with Win Media Player 6.2

Discussion in 'Audio' started by tdcat, Feb 26, 2005.

1. tdcat

tdcat Member

Hi,

This is a really odd problem and is more something that's bugging me than a real problem. I've just started looking into using LAME as a faster and more flexible mp3 codec.

Let's say you rip a CD to mp3 using the following settings in LAME

-h -m j -b 256

Nothing complicated there, right?

When complete, all the tracks play fine except the first. It's always the first track that fails to start playing with WinMediaPlayer 6.2. It runs...but no audio. To get audio, you need to scan somewhere else in the song...if only 1 second backwards or forwards.

The same happens if encoding from WAVs. The first track from the disc they came from will show the same problems!

Yes, your first thought might be, "Why are you using WMP6.2 when you could use Winamp." True, but I'm still very curious if anyone has any idea why this happening, what is happening or even if anyone has seen this problem.

Why is it a LAME problem? Because it doesn't ever happen with the Radium Mp3 Codec, only when encoding with LAME.

I realise this is a long shot :)

Thanks.

TDCat.

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

have you tried playing with something besides wmp 6.2, and what version of lame are you using