1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laptop hdmi to Panisonic HDTV

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by 561427, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 561427

561427 Regular member

Hi i think this is the right place to post this.

I have an HP Laptop 1017r and i have a few VOB files that i have watched with an HDMI cable from my laptop to my HDTV. my problem is the video plays fine on the laptop screen and i can see everything fine with the tv but when i watch the dvd files i notice a line thats horizontal move from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen. i need to be more specific about the line, its not a solid color, its as if the frames skip and it causes them to not match up slightly and it only does it on BIG scenery parts of the film. like if the movie was showing a view out of a car as you drive along. it happens during these scenes and about every 3 seconds. from top to bottom. and when the movie cuts to a different scene altogether i notice something but it happens much to fast.

now i dont notice on my laptop so i thought refresh rate first. it was at 60hz then i tried 59hz i also tried 30hz interlaced. (those are a few settings on my laptop) and its still exactly the same... there are more options but i would have expected the line to speed up or slow down, do anything but it stayed the same.

I fist noticed it on VLC media player and so i tried WMP11 with the K-lite codec installed (64 bit because i have 64 bit system) i know its not the cable because i use that same cable for my xbox 360 and it doesnt have any issues at all... even if i play movies (my gues is that if it was the cable it would act up if i played a movie through my xbox)

any ideas guys? i have had some trouble with media playing before on my laptop and for some reason adobe flash keeps telling me to install but i get a failed message everytime but web videos still play fine. but i doubt its my ability to play a set of dvd files 1 because i know i have a laptop capible of that, and 2 i can see that there is not issues when i watch it on my laptop screen... thanks in advance!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.