1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laptop to Stereo

Discussion in 'Audio' started by nguard58, Jan 2, 2005.

1. nguard58

nguard58 Member

I recently purchased a compaq R3000 laptop at Circuit City. For years I have been wanting to stream the audio out of my computer through my stereo speakers. The Salesmen at CC told me I needed to buy a wire that connected into my head phone jack on my laptop and have a male end with rt and lt audio plugs. Then plug the audio rt and lt into the receiver at an aux input. Seeing how my cable box, television, dvd player, Ps2 and Xbox are all connected through my receiver I used the tape input on the stereo. After lowering the volume on both the receiver and laptop, the least expected happened. As soon as I connected the wires I heard a popping sound. Follwed by a burning smell. needless to say the wires were unplugged within moments, however, No I have no sound coming from the speakers on the television. It seems that nothing was damaged except for my TV speakers, they are no longer working, totally fried.

Does anyone have an answer for me as to what happened? How can I hook up my laptop to my stereo? I'm stuck!!

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

you can stream audio to your stereo.
    it seems there's too much appliances on....

try using one of those wireless streaming kit.
    i don't particularly know one...

3. diabolos

diabolos Guest

It would be better if you had some type of sound card installed on your lap top. If you did all you would have to do is connect your Line-Out (Speaker jack) port to your L/R RCA inputs (White and Red female jacks) on your reciever using the wire you have already purchased.

Ced