1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

laptop to tv and more......

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by dansage, Aug 28, 2006.

1. dansage

dansage Regular member

Hi,

Just wondering what the best cable is to run my laptop through my hd samsung tv? will an s video cable be ok?

also, does anybody know where i can get a good free 3D aquarium screensaver?

Thanks.

2. akwingnut

akwingnut Guest

You posted this awhile ago but if it helps any, it all depends on your laptop. If it does only svideo out then you need to get a svideo cable. if it has VGA output and your tv has a vga input then that would be a better route to go and your going to see allot nicer screen resolution then if you were using an svideo cable. there are also DVI out if your laptop again has it and your tv again accepts it. i hope this helps if its not too late.

-AkWingnut

3. allyfd

allyfd Guest

I have [on my laptop] a 15 pin external monitor port (analog VGA port supports VESA DDC2B compatible functions)

& a video-out jack (s-video cable)

I am guessing the 1st 1 is the way 2 go?

Can any1 recommend a good UK online store for purchasing such periphary (cables etc...)? & how much should I be paying for the 15 pin cable roughly?

Many Thanx in advance.

:)