1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laptop to tv

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by GAFFA!, Dec 6, 2004.

1. GAFFA!

GAFFA! Member

I have got a VGA to video tv / s-video cable which plugs into my vga additional monitor port then ive got a s-video lead into my tv also audio leads. my laptop is a acer travelmate 240 how do i set it up to watch my films on tvive tried messing with my settings but with no luck. Any ideas

2. beaters

beaters Member

I was wondering along the same lines generally: what is the preferred method for porting video to a TV type system from a laptop with choice of USB2 or firewire output? It would be nice to be able to watch AVI on the TV without moving the desktop unit or running a long cable between rooms...

3. GAFFA!

GAFFA! Member

I have given up with cable idea as they do not work I now belive a converter is required.
    The item i think i need is HAUPPAGE MEDIA MVP which plugs in through the ethernet port,into the tv through scart, then problem sorted, it converts some formats but not all ,updates cab be downloaded from there web site. http://www.hauppage.com/

4. Pertions

Pertions Member

You need to have Svideo and audio cables or just Svideo and use your laptops speakers. if you do not have anyof these on your laptops, either get a newer one or goto a radioshack, or other electronic store and get the adapters, ask them at the store if you are not sure which one usually there is about 1 or 2 people working there who know what they are talking about!

5. Pertions

Pertions Member

You need to have Svideo and audio cables or just Svideo and use your laptops speakers. if you do not have anyof these on your laptops, either get a newer one or goto a radioshack, or other electronic store and get the adapters, ask them at the store if you are not sure which one usually there is about 1 or 2 people working there who know what they are talking about!