1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

laptop upgrades (processor mainly) and how hard?? Equium M70 [link included]

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by billybob, Feb 5, 2007.

1. billybob

billybob Regular member

Hey, this is what i got : http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe....p/productPage.do?PRODUCT_ID=109948&service=UK

Apart from i think my harddrives 40gb instead.

Basically, the processors crappy, i want an upgrade.

However, im aware that taking it to a pc shop for them to do it would be an absolute rip off, but i heard that for laptops, most of the processors are soldered on to the motherboard, so i wouldnt be able to do it myself.

Im not even that sure anyway, but im sure i could figure it out how to do it if i didnt need a soldering iron.

Also....if taking it to a shop is the only option, id be grateful if you could give me a price range on an upgrade from anything to a 2.2ghz, to a 3.5 ghz.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

check with toshiba to see if laptop cpu is soldered in on in socket as some of the ones i've worked on are in sockets. see what the laptop can be upgraded in cpu speed but unlikely to what you posted for speed.

3. billybob

billybob Regular member

OK thanks.......only...i didnt think there was a limit as long as u had a compatible motherboard

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

the intel centrino might not go as high as you want as in 3.5ghz. cannot use a socket 478 cpu as the centrino series are 479 pin so probably not compatible.

5. billybob

billybob Regular member

Can i have noobie status back pleasE? lol.
    Thanks, i didnt understand but thanks neway.