1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last scenes of DVD backup skip problem. Help!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jcoplo, Oct 23, 2004.

1. jcoplo

jcoplo Member

I have a problem with my DVD backup. I recently starting backing up alot of my DVD's. I even upgraded my media to RITEK 8X and I have liteon 8X burner. Hwoever, it seems like over half of the movies I burn end up really well during the first 90% of the movie and at the end, just as the climax of the movie occurs, it starts skipping and it becomes impossible to watch any further. I tried different dvd players and the same thing happens. I also tried different media and the same things happen. Any idea? Is the Liteon a poor quality burner and it could be causing this? Should I burn at lower speed . does that help at all?

thnaks
    jc

2. colw

colw Active member

Are you using labels on your backups? - these will cause problems. Also try not to burn too fast - 4x recommended.

3. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Also on even good quality media you can run into poor die distribution a the edges of the disc. If you are burning all the way to the edge you may get this problem.

4. jcoplo

jcoplo Member

What are labels? You mean , put a label on the dvd?

5. kchev

kchev Regular member

What program are using to compress the dvd?

6. 12256180

12256180 Member

Hi jcplo -

I had EXACTLY the same problem & it bothered me for ages. I thought my new Sony DVD burner was bad, I thought my media were bad, I thought I was bad in the eyes of the Lord...

...but then I switched from DVD X Copy Xpress (which burned the first 75-90% of a movie great, but didn't seem to like the last bits) to DVD Shrink & DVD Decrypter. Since then, I never have the two thirds, three quarters, last ten minutes problem with my backups.

Hope this helps.

Hint: if Shrink & Decrypter don't work, I'd lay odds it's your media.