1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Late or intermittent audio synch problems

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by blof, Jan 23, 2003.

1. blof

blof Member

Hi, this is a great forum and I've learned a lot already. I have some audio synch problems with some avi-to-mpeg1 conversions (before burn. These problems often occur at about the 25-30 minute mark, or they are intermittent, so that correcting the audio gap won't work for me as a whole--as the screwed up part will be fixed but now the good part will be screwed up. Any thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Btw, I've used vdub for a separate audio file--is this a case in which the file is corrupt at a certain point? Not a big deal for computer play but a big deal for conversion? Thanks. _X_X_X_X_X_[small]blof[/small]

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

It could be corruption or it could be something easy like, the computer using other processes as well as your encoder. also check what encoder you are using and compare it to another!

3. blof

blof Member

Thanks, Della. I'm using the latest build of Tmpge, I've also tried winmpg and just Nero and always have the same result. I believe you are right and that it is a corrupted file. Is there a way to deal with that? I mean is there a way to splice out the bad part? Btw, I have very successfully used the great tips here, especially the one about adjusting the audio gap--very useful for a consistent or early synch problem.