1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest Starview HD Combo Unit File THIS IS NOT NAGRA 3 FIX

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by e45, Nov 9, 2009.

1. cactikid

cactikid Active member

you have to read back posts for correct bin files,look at back of box first is there a lan/ethernet connection on back which is the newer one,as the old box does not have it,as said using the wrong one may brick your box.always read up before you flash any box.

2. smulji

smulji Guest

3. Ian47

Ian47 Member

Problem fixed
    It was not knowing what standard box I had. Grooverider suggested that the LAN boxes were identified by having an RS232 terminal. However I have a non-LAN box with the RS232. Once I discovered this & started with the right firmware I was OK, despite the grave warnings about creating an expensive "brick"
    Thanks for all your help

4. jennysden

jennysden Member

what do i do having this problem only 20% download

5. e45

e45 Regular member

i gave you the link to the latest file for your box go and download it from the post and put that on your box making sure you have a lan connection on the back of your box

6. wertyu12

wertyu12 Member

Guys will this HD combo be working on MMDS in the near future and if so will there be a chorus streamed out to any users with it also?

Cheers if there's any reply's!!

7. agaepope

agaepope Member

I have try this but it get to 20% then fail and do not do anything please help

8. e45

e45 Regular member

which box do you have the one with the lan port or the one without the lan port ???

9. agaepope

agaepope Member

the one with the lan port

10. e45

e45 Regular member

Put this on first

first

Then this one

last

Flash Box:

Load grooverider file on to your fat32 formatted usb memory stick,make sure power is off on machine.

Insert the memory stick into the front usb socket underneath the front flap.

Turn the HD Combo on.

From the main menu go to Utility and then press the right arrow button and select usb from the right hand side,
    you will see the grooverider file press ok on it and make sure to select SW+ALL DATA UPDATE..
    the machine will update and restart (don't pull your memory stick out until the machine has fully started up).

MAKE SURE YOU LOAD THE GrooveRider_HD_Combo_F3.50_1118.uad FIRST THEN THE GROOVERIDER FILE AFTERWARDS FOLLOWING THE INFORMATION BELOW

.thanks to the author...

How to Upgrade inc new boot file.

1) Then UPGRADE AGAIN with File name GrooveRider_HD_Combo_F3.50_1118.uad then put on the GrooveRider_HD_Combo__0212.html use option upgrade with S/W + All Data so Upgrade first.

2) Power on/off at the back ( very important step )

3) and then factory re-set ( very important step )

You now need to scan your channels,
    so go to installation press the right arrow button again and go down to AUTO CABLE SEARCH all you need to change here is the symbol rate.

The symbol rate determines your area for example nt* is 6887, the other 6952 are for telewe*t and EXc&w.
    When you have selected your area go to start scan. ( appareN*ly you may have to set the start rate to 100 from 300 first ? )

Once the scan has finished go to menu then highlight accessory and on the remote press the numbers "8989" you will then see
    "K*yedit" appear on the right hand side, go to it and press ok and just check that auto update is on if its off just turn it on.
    then go to to your channels by exiting the menu and pressing ok.. Select a non FTA channel and leave it until a picture appears
    PLEASE NOTE IT CAN TAKE UP TO 5 MINUTES TO UPDATE

Channel list..

All your channels are categorised pressing ok on your remote brings up the channel list but it will be in simple layout, pressing the red button takes you to detail, now if your list don't appear to be categorised you will need to press the SAT button on the remote and you need to select cable at the bottom of the list this will then give you the categories, to change each section you simply use your left or right arrow buttons.

11. agaepope

agaepope Member

thanks

12. scouse32

scouse32 Member

can anyone please help me i have been trying to get starview 6 hd combo+ on for 3 days now can not cope much more i only seem to get 3 channels i have just triesd the above but when i try to update i just get update failed

13. e45

e45 Regular member

you need to know what box you have is it the one with the built in lan or without it

14. terijones

terijones Guest

hi i have just followed agaepops instructions for the starveiw combo hd and still waiting for scrambled chanels to appear dont think its happening.
    i was on cable but now i have just set it up on satellite is there different set up required for satellite???? can anyone help please

15. terijones

terijones Guest

hi i have just followed your instructions for the starveiw combo hd and still waiting for scrambled chanels to appear dont think its happening.
    i was on cable but now i have just set it up on satellite is there different set up required for satellite???? canhelp please

16. kingpip

kingpip Regular member

hi all, wondering if anyone can help ?? i live in liverpool and have been using eurovox and starview for a few years now my friend has just bought a starview hd combo i reflashed it for him and it works perfectly in my house but when he takes it home ( to warrington 20-30 miles away )he get freeview channels only everything is scrammbled, he has factory reset it rescaned it but still nothing.

does anyon know if the symbol rate is different or has n3 come in, in his area or is it something simple that i am missing ha ha

thanx in advance

17. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

have a read of the nagra 3 thread, you will find what areas are gone or will be gone

18. malci

malci Guest

Don't think Warrington has started the migration to N3 yet, although it is set to receive new cards, the only difference from your area is - you are TW and Warrington is N*L EX CW, so try a setup on that provider.

19. kingpip

kingpip Regular member

Cheers for the reply tried that still nothing !! But now the box powers on but won't turn off standby so I get the box to turn on !!! Any ideas ??

20. smulji

smulji Guest

Dear All
    WHERE AND WHEN WE CAN GET NEW UPDATED FILES 4 STARVIEU 3 4 5 6 .....ETC
    OTHERWISE ALL BXS GONE DOWN
    PLS.................. IF U HAD SOMETHING ABOUT NEW FILES LET US KNOW
    THANK U