1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Launchcast suddenly stops working :S

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Ben87, May 7, 2004.

1. Ben87

Ben87 Member

i USED to listen to yahoo launchcast but sunday it decided to stop working i know nothing about internet crap and im at a loss after pointless spending hours on google looking crap up (now its more a challange i want to accomplish to fix this damn problem)

firstly, i dont even know what has caused the problem!!!!! i installed a new firewall (norton 2004 along with the antivirus) on sunday before i tried it. however, i dont think its this as i have tried it with the firewall disabled and still no luck!!!

on the link below is a second problem that has alos imerged. the drop 4 down menus: Launchcast radio, music videos, artists and shops no longer drop down. they simply highlight in purple

http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/default.asp?artistID=1017874

so i thought perhaps it was down to java (which i know next to nothing about) and got the sun java machine as well as the microsoft java machine i already had.... still nothing.

the main problem is the actual Launch player. if i try and play any of the station, the skip and pause buttons at the bottom appear along with the volume but there is a solid purple block wheer the artist information should appear!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (see link above and select "listen" to listen to the fan station so u can have a look urself)

if any1 can help i'd be really greatful as i listened to it alot and its really annoying me now

2. Ben87

Ben87 Member

never mind, after all the things i tried all it took was reinstallation of my firewall LOL.