1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Layer cake- ripping problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by SDempsey, Apr 22, 2005.

1. SDempsey

SDempsey Member

As the thread title suggests I am having problems ripping this movie, I have tried using DVD SHRINK, it wont even open up in that, I have also tried using DVD DECRYPTER with brute force but it will only go as far as 30%. anyone else having problems with this movie ? or does anyone know of software that will allow me to rip it.
    thanks in advance

Seamus

2. kst68dog

kst68dog Member

i had the very same problem.youll need anydvd running in the background.you can download the free trial,just do a search.hope this helps

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

The old decrypter had a problem with this movie, however, the updated version handles it, sounds more like your disk is scratched,dirty, or smudged try cleaning it, if you still have problems return it and get another original. Make sure you are using the newest version of decrypter.

http://dvddecrypter.com/

Last edited: Apr 22, 2005
  4. SDempsey

SDempsey Member

thanks for the quick response, I tried ripping with ANYDVD running in the background but it stopped again at 30%. got a copy of this movie last night and couldnt rip it so I brought it back and got THE copy I am using now, I have also tried cleaning it with no joy.

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

SDempsey,
    Sounds like both movies are bad presses by the studio. Just your luck you got that. You might have to return the disk again as most used DVDDecrypter or AnyDVD to rip this movie

6. SDempsey

SDempsey Member

Hi guys (again) I used a free trial version of a programme called DVD REGION+CSS FREE and it has worked a treat, thanks for the help, much appreciated.

7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Glad to hear that this program worked for you, happy future burning.

8. hm1

hm1 Regular member

Hi all

I downloaded the lastest version of DVD decrypter - it created a iso file and dvd shrink done the rest.

Layer cake works with fine on my other dvd players and my ps2