1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lazer not working after Viper

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by pjoto, Jan 27, 2005.

1. pjoto

pjoto Member

I just got my ViperGC installed by a guy at my school, I came home to flash it, and as I power it up, I notice that the current disc in my GC is not spinning.

I take the disc out, and also see that my GC Lazer is not 'on' ..

The GC orange light is on, the fan is going around as usual, but the game itself wont start..

And of course I get the "Viper not detected" when I try to flash it.

If I try connecting it to my TV and playing a original GC game, I don't even get a GC-logo anymore..

So, any suggestions?

I really want my GC to start spinning again, even more, be able to flash it, but of course, on thing at a time :)

Thanks in advance :)

- Pjoto out.

2. minddisk

minddisk Member

First, make sure you have the programmer connected directly to the port on your computer. Set the port to the correct mode(ECP?), the GC will not spin until the chip is programmed.

3. pjoto

pjoto Member

Oh, well.. then everything might be okay then.. It's just my damn computer that won't cooperate with my GC..

Heh, I'll just try a couple of computers.. Thanks! :)

Hope this does the trick :D

You're a lifesaver, really..

4. pjoto

pjoto Member

Nope, still no action..

I can't get any computers to 'find' my GameCube..

I've plugged the thingy straigt into the computer mainboard, and tried switching those triggers both up and down and one up and one down and the other way around and so on :p

I've tried all 3 options in the viper_loader.exe ..

How can I make sure my computer is using the port I'm plugging it in? "Search for new hardware"? :p

I didn't find anything that looked like TCPI or whatever it's called in my BIOS, so could it be disabled by default?