1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD Laptop Screen Flickers

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by tmr250z, Feb 17, 2007.

1. tmr250z

tmr250z Guest

Hi, I have a Gateway 7330GZ Laptop that is about a year and a half old and all of a sudden the screen's LCD light just goes out or flickers from on to off, light to dark for the past week now. And to get it to stop, I have to open and close it back and forth as if to catch the light, but this doesn't always wonk. None of the pixels are dead because I can still see the images clearly on the screen, but the light is just out.

Is this easy to fix myself, because I catch on really easily, and this is something I would like to do myself if I can, instead of sending it out and having to pay because my warranty is up.

Any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

2. tmr250z

tmr250z Guest

Anyone???

3. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Does this happen when its plugged in or not plugged in? Also, does the screen just dimm after a few minutes or just shut down?

4. tmr250z

tmr250z Guest

Hi, thank you for your reply. The screen dims and flickers when not plugged in, using the battery and when it is plugged in, using AC power. It never shuts down, as I can still see the images, but with no light its dim.

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I know there is a feature to dimm your display to save battery power when not plugged in but never heard of flickering. You might have a bad light tube in your display. You might need to send it in for repairs and might be costly :(

Sorry i can not be of further use. Good luck and maybe someone else can give further assistance.

6. tmr250z

tmr250z Guest

Alright, I was afraid I would have to send it in and pay to get it fixed. So that's what I'll have to do if no one else has any suggestions. Thanks for your help.