1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD Monitor Repair

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by DXR88, May 29, 2011.

1. DXR88

DXR88 Regular member

So here's the deal, a buddy of mine brought me an LCD monitor (Broke ass buddy mind you)to fix. i turn it on it, it then dies in 3 seconds, seen this before so i pop it open and all 6 inline caps are blown on the power board so i replace the crappy capXon's with rubicons.

now a new problem presenting itself,the monitor comes on but i get a screen full of lines moving vertically in fashion after this the monitor goes into standby mode. since the color of the lines are green red and blue, its the no signal message for sure.

it appears the logic board has 2 blown caps both green i don't have the rated cap on hand so before i order it i want to know what you ADers think about it.

is it possible the Logic board is toasted, or could it be the caps screwing over the logic board do to out of balance power distribution.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

replace the 2 caps on the logic board to see what happens tho most likely will fix the current problem.