1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD PC monitor problem

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by tonyleo01, Dec 15, 2004.

1. tonyleo01

tonyleo01 Member

hi, I got problem with my sony 17" (SDM-SH73)LCD monitor that I got around Thanks Giving last year. While i was playing videogame, the screen went blank and when i tried to turn it back on, it'd come back for a split second and go blank and again. Anybody knows what's going on? I tried to unplug it, turned it back on, read the manual, but nothing changes. I don't know what cause this, and I probably cannot afford the one like it ever again. Is there anything i can do? Thank you for your help..

2. tonyleo01

tonyleo01 Member

btw, i don't where to post this topic so i figure I'd put it here. Please move it if it could have been in a better section. Thanks again...

3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Check your video plugs, both at the monitor and at your vid card. Make sure something did not come loose, and make sure that your video card is seated tight.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

ran into that problem with a customer's 15" lcd, ended up it was an overheat problem, put a fan beside it & no problem since

5. tonyleo01

tonyleo01 Member

well, the same thing still happen even thought the monitor is not plug to the computer so i don't think it has anything to do with the computer. when the monitor is unplug from the pc, it's still would normally show the status of the monitor (no cable detected etc). I have not tried the fan next to the monitor yet, but shouldn't it start working back on when it cools down if putting the fan next to it helps? Thank you for your replies

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

it worked on customer's monitor so it MIGHT work on yours. you might be able to get free estimate on cause & cost to fix monitor