1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD TV Shipment

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by paul1950, Jan 23, 2005.

1. paul1950

paul1950 Member

Has anyone out there ever ordered a LCD TV off the internet and had it shipped to their house?
    I can save $1100 buy ordering a Sony 60" Grand Wega LCD HDTV off the internet instead of buying from a local dealer. But, will it likely be damaged in shipping???? Shipping is by a trucking company not UPS. Anyone lucky enough to receive TV without damage?

Thanks

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I manage an Appliance & Electronics store and truck shipments to us average 20 to 30% damage which we refuse. The trucking companies don't really take care of shipments like you would think they should. Any rips or pushed in corners are refused because we know they were dropped or hit hard. I would contact the customer service dept. of the company you want to order from and see what their policy is on damage and returns before you order. GET IT IN WRITING. Good luck with your purchase.

Jerry

3. billwebso

billwebso Guest

I would be sure that the company you are purchasing from is reputable. Read the fine print in their return policy. Probably not a good idea to purchase something like this off of ebay. IMO it would be better to receive an item of this nature shipped by a private carrier other than UPS or Fedex. They are more volume/quantity concious. The main thing would be to make sure you are protected at all angles from the dealer through the shipping company to your front door.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2005
  4. paul1950

paul1950 Member

Thanks a lot Guys..... It sounds just like what I thought. Too big of a gamble on something that fragile and expensive. I think that I will pay the extra $1100 just to be safe.