1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leadtek TV2000 XP Expert vs Pinnacle PCTV Gen 5.1

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by wreckz99, Mar 18, 2004.

1. wreckz99

wreckz99 Guest

Hi Guys,

I am into decision of buying a capture card. I cannot make my mind to choose between Pinnacle PCTV Gen 5.1 and Leadtek TV2000 XP Expert. I have seen testimonials of leadtek users. Anyone can help me make my mind?

Thanks.

2. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hello wreckz99, I don't know much of Pinnacle PCTV Gen 5.1 but I think it should be more costly than the Leadtek TV2000XP Exert. Check out this review on the Leadtek http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/leadtek-2000-expert/ and honestly I'm using the TV2000XP Expert myself and it is definitely value for money. Especially, with the latest Leadtek drivers and PVR application, it sucessfully make PC hibernates after TV schedule recordings and wakeup without fail for the next recording. In order words, I can trust my Leadtek TV2000XP Expert to doing TV recordings for me daily, weekly and monthly without having to have my PC switch on all the time.

3. wreckz99

wreckz99 Guest

thanks bro... i'll be taking tv2000 expert next week once the stuff is available from the nearby store.

4. onestop

onestop Regular member

Yo Bro, you are welcome! Please make sure that you have a internal audio connection on either the sound card of yours or on the motherboard itself. To be more precise, the audio connection is what most people use to connect their DVDrom or CDrom which is not necessary to me in the 1st place. The Leadtek TV2000XP Expert only has internal audio connection and not those audio out which goes in to the line-in jack of your PC.

Kindly do not use installation CD provided but just download the latest drivers and PVR software from the www.leadtek.com.tw before instaling TV card into PCI slot. After installation, go hardware settings to check TV2000XP IRQ settings and just make sure it is not sharing IRQ with your Graphic Card, Sound Card, Networking or you might run into some unexpected hardware conflict (most TV cards are like that). Just play around by swopping from different PCI slot and mostly the 4th or 5th slot away from the AGP slot should be fine.

5. wreckz99

wreckz99 Guest

Hi Onestop,

I got a TV2000 XP Expert at home. Installed it, but I cannot hear audio. At WinFastPVR, I could see shadow of images and rasters, due to I have not enough antenna reception. The antenna cable is short, but there is no sound. At WinFastFM, I attached the antenna, preset a channel, and I cannot hear sound. I check the devices and they are working properly. I used the Line-In of the sound card (Yamaha Xwave 3000)for audio capture. Should I be able to hear a audio on the live TV and FM Broadcast. (I think I should.) Can you help out on this. Thanks...

6. onestop

onestop Regular member

Yo wreckz99,

Maybe you would like to check if your audio settings in control panel whether is your Line-in enabled since your connection is Line-in. Well, this is subjective but I would prefer to connect to CD-in instead so that the PVR can do volume control.

Kindly also see that you PVR 'audio recording line' settings is set to Line-in as well or your video recorded will not have audio too.