1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leadtek Winfast TV2000XP Audio Disappears

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by bigfoot18, Mar 24, 2004.

1. bigfoot18

bigfoot18 Member

Hi, ( wasn't quite sure where to post this)

I have a Leadtek Winfast TV2000XP Deluxe (yes, only the 8-bit encoder :S ), and it has generally run fine. I have an issue at the moment where the audio disappears after a minute or two of running the TV.. As far as I know, the audio doesn't disappear on FM mode. I am running an MSI K7N2 Delta Mainboard, with onboard audio. I'm pretty sure the problem doesn't lie with my mainboard, as even if I plug speakers or headphones into the 'audio out' plug on the Tuner Card, there is no audio when the problem occurs. In the past, when I have had this problem, I have reinstalled Direct X 9B, and it has seemed to fix it.. But the problem has just come back, and I'm not a happy chap... :(
    Any solutions / ideas would be much appreciated.

2. Jimbob_t

Jimbob_t Member

I have the same problem it happened for about an hour and then it was fine for the rest of the night it started happning again when i turned on my conputer today. When i turned up the sound on my speakers and the main sound and the sound on the winfast pvr i got a really small amount of sound out of my speakers on the Leadtek website on their faqs they say to fix the problem by downloading the next version of winfast pvr but it didnt seem to work here is the faq

[WinFast TV2000 XP Expert ]
    Q: When I use FM function under Windows XP, the radio sound will disappear randomly, just like it can¡¦t find the radio station, why?
    A: The problem has been fixed in the latest WinFast PVR; please download the latest version of our AP from the website.

also i lose the sound in the tv and the radio as well

3. bigfoot18

bigfoot18 Member

Hmmm... Interesting.. I'n the end, I reinstalled the latest Direct X and updated the drivers and PVR, although they were both reasonably new.. At this stage, I have no problems. I must say though, I haven't ever had any issues with the FM Radio, only with the TV.

4. bamit99

bamit99 Member

Hey All,
    I am facing the same issue. The sound disappears after a minute or two and it is really not helpful if u want to record any Music Video etc. I tried two different Tuner Softwares EasyTV and WinDVR but the issue remains...:(. Please help.