1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Led Lights

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by sasha1303, Mar 23, 2005.

1. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

I Recently Bout 4 little led lights (sorta about the size of the ones on Led Lighted fans) and it connected by a normal 4 pin cable thing exept it only got 2 in it. i place them in the front part of my computer in front of a fan grill liiks nice but it there a way to make them blink like pulse to music or just pulse (like pulse neons in NFSUG2) maybe connect it in a diffrent place or somthin.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

need a circuit board to do that. radio shack or a electronic supply place might have one

3. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

FCKN SHIT! hasnt any1 made a software for this kinda thing?

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

if the lights are attached solely to a power source, how could a program run it?

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

6. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

HMM thanks thats confsing :S , lol. so there aint software for this kinda thing? , ok , but is this kinda stuff on motherboards?

7. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

They already sell lights that will do what you want. You just purchased the always on type. CompUSA sells them.

8. Starbuck1

Starbuck1 Guest

Very true indeed. There are the sound sensitive pulsating ones out there too. I have the lazer led's like you have that are always on; but, quite cool. It brightens up the case nicely; but, guess what? I want more!!

9. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

i dont want them always on , i want them to like shutter , or blink to the beat of vibration or music

10. ddp

just have to find the circuit board that will do what you want

11. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

12. Liez4Love

Liez4Love Regular member

Shoulda got the neon lights that conenct directly to your sound card.

http://www.xpcgear.com/neonlighting.html

Oh and by the way, i was 10 when i first learned html, and 11 when i knew all the parts and stuff of a computer, so its not really nice to brag about how old you are, and be talking about lights for your comp, when you think software can make them blink without even being hooked up to any other parts of the computer.........

13. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

im 12 , and confused ATM . But Thanks for the site i might be lookin in into somthin like this >[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2005
  14. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

and why does it say i kno so much bt im only 12 in my sig?,probly some idiot mucking around wit my aaccount

15. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

hold on a sec i think these leds can connect to the sound card and play , but 1 problem , the sound card is on the mobo and there are so manys pins on it i have no idea were i could put it . the explanation to how i kno that these leds are possibly sound card connective is becuas wen i bought the Case ther were 4 leds in the front shining into 2 devil shaped eyes , wen i asked the guy (he was jap hard to understand) but wen u mentioned the sound card thing , i remberd asking him if they were pulse , he said somfing about the sound card i was like " yeh yeh yeh just gimmie the case now" lol , so ill give u an explanation and u tel lme if its possible , there are 4 leds but there all power by 2 wires a red and white 1 and it connects to pins not holes , so will it work? , Oh BTW heres my MB can some1 tell me were abouts the sound card is ,http://au.asus.com/products/mb/socket775/p5p800/overview.htm#,

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2005
  16. ddp

your soundcard chip might be located in front of the middle pci slot between the slot & the case. if only 2 wires than the leds will all flash on or off at same time. see what the manual says

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  17. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Looking at this jpg shows them just under the second hole from the left and just above the 4th and 5th pci slot, counting from the left. There are three 4 pin connectors, white, black, then white. This board is very similiar to my P4P800 Deluxe. These should be left channel, right channel, and two ground pins.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2005
  18. ddp

the big black & white & small white connectors that scubabud described are the audio connectors to your cd/dvd rom drives

19. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

Fckn Shit , i connected the leds to evry pin i could find near the middle PCI slots , geuss ill just go and buy a pulse today , thanks for ya help anyways

20. ddp

no problem, teach & learn