1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

legal to sell modded xbox??

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by pleashelp, Feb 6, 2005.

1. pleashelp

pleashelp Member

I have a xbox modded with xecuter 2.6 lite and 160gb hdd in it with my games backed up on the hard drive along with emulators for n64 and nintendo, does anyone know if it is legal to sell the xbox like this because i've seen them posted on ebay with all this stuff on it including xbmc and emulators. If anyone knows please let me know.

2. j-dizzy

j-dizzy Member

how much were you lookin for it?

3. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

No Its not legal
    ebay also dont even allow modded stuff or any mention of modchips with xbox's, they look for keywords.
    there are ways around it but you can get ads taken off or even acount suspended. (trust me I know!)
    Its legal to sell modded xbox's
    as long as you dont include a "hacked" bios, and any apps.
    in other words
    Fit a chip, and include the legal bios (cromwell)
    etc
    although we (oops did I say We!! whistles) do it all the time.
    but advertising that you include xbox games on the hdd (not including originals) is a big no no

Last edited: Feb 7, 2005
  4. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

If it's a one time sell then you don't have anything to worry about. If you start getting into selling games and modifications ( like several people at a local fleamarket) then you need to be carefull. At the market one seller is very careful and you woundn't know what he was up to by just walking past his booth. Another seller is totally out in the open and you can watch them solder and burn DVD's. They even pass out flyers of the games they have for sale.