1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lego Batman for PC Blank Screen

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by giggle123, Apr 27, 2009.

1. giggle123

giggle123 Member

I'm a newbie to this site and hope I am doing things correctly :eek:)

We just purchased the Lego Batman Video Game for Windows XP for my son's birthday and we are having problems with it.

When we installed the game, it all seemed to work ok for the first few minutes for the intro but then the screen goes blank when it's time to play the game. The weird thing is you can see the 'instructions' at the bottom of the screen and the 'lives' that are left on the top left of the screen AND you can hear Batman and others in the background but no picture! I tried to change a few Video settings but no luck.

I called the tech line and they told me I don't have a proper graphics card. But I know that I've used the 3D Analyser software and changed some settings to get games to work using my graphics card. I just don't know what to do.

Please help if you can, he's been waiting a very long time to finally get this game! Thank you :eek:)

2. dailun

dailun Active member

At some point you will just need to break down and get a new graphics card.

Sounds like this is the time.

What kind of graphics card and how far apart from the minimum requirements are you?

3. giggle123

giggle123 Member

Hello, thanks for responding. It says I have an Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller in my computer and the back of the PC Game says the requirement is 128MB/MO with Shader Model 3.0 Capability. Is this very far off? Did I even answer the question correctly?

4. dailun

dailun Active member

According to the website:

Display Card!: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 128 MB graphics card with Shader Model 2.0 capability /

If you're running Windows XP or 2000.

Start --> run --> dxdiag

Click on the tab for display (or display 1) and under device, what is the approx total memory

The chip supports directX 9.0 but not the Shader Model 2.0 capability.

You can buy a cheap nVidia or AMD (ATI) video card that would meet the minimum requirements for the game.

It looks like that chipset isn't going to cut it.

5. giggle123

giggle123 Member

Turns out I was playing around with 3D Analyser and got it to work with the wrong graphics card! Only problem now is the colour isn't too great and I'm not sure WHICH setting to check or uncheck to make it work better.

6. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

onboard graphics won't work. only a graphics card will solve the problem.

7. dailun

dailun Active member

"onboard graphics won't work. only a graphics card will solve the problem."

What he(she) said.

A graphics card that will meet the minimum requirements is <$30 USD (FREE if you shop for a rebate)

A graphics card that will meet the recommended requirements is <$60.00 USD.

If you want to fight with software to achieve a mediocre solution, that's your choice.

8. giggle123

giggle123 Member

Thank you. I kinda figured that. I need to figure out what kind of a card I need and where to purchase it. Then need to find a rebate to cover the cost. Until I can figure all that out, my 9 year old can play this game as is. I really wish I could do it for him but can't afford it on a single income with three kids. The game was hard enough to purchase. If anyone knows where and how to do this, I would be very gratful, I live in Canada. Thank you :eek:)

9. dailun

dailun Active member

giggle123 has an AGP slot and needs something that is nVidia 5 series or better with 128MB RAM. Anyone got one lying around?

10. giggle123

giggle123 Member

Hello, just wondering if anyone has come across an NVIDIA GeForce 6200 or a 5 series or better that they are willing to part with. My son's game has quit on him all together. I guess he could only go so far....thank you!