1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leisure Suit Larry fixs! AGAIN!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by nastynath, Sep 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LISH408

LISH408 Member

I replaced the AppInit.JAM file in the Data\JamFiles\Xbox folder and burned it. Now whe I place the disc in it tells me that the disc itself is dirty or damaged. Anyone else having similar problems?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2004
  2. nastynath

nastynath Guest

Been out of town with work! I will resend fixs again shortly in the next 6 hrs.

CHEERS.....

3. jojor

jojor Member

I have the same problem. The only difference is I edited the default.xbe according to some thread and not knowing what it does. I am going to try just the AppInit.JAM and see what happen.

4. LISH408

LISH408 Member

Well let me know if you have any luck. I've tried just the.Jam file and the .xbe and the .Jam file. Maybe I'll try just the .xbe file next. Let me know if you make any progress. If anyone has a solution to this it would be very apperciated.

5. nastynath

nastynath Guest

I have just re-sent fixs and tools for:

Leisure Suit Larry

&

HALO 2

PLEASE my PM box is overflowing at the moment for these hot releases! And when I get people that PM me and do not include their email address it pi**es me off and waists my time and yours! Please be careful all and pay attention to what u are doing! Be specific and to the point.
    There were around a dozen people that did not include their email addresses, TOUGH LUCK!!!

If this keeps happening I will end the threads for both games and not help anyone at all!!!

:p

Enough said...

6. macuz

macuz Member

hey can you please send me the leisure suit larry hd fix, the ones i got dont seem to work.
    tia!

noemailsallowed@afterdawn.com

mail me if u want gmail too.

[use the pm function for exchanging addies]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  7. jojor

jojor Member

I burnt 3 coasters as a reason of experimenting with AppInit.JAM. Without default.xbe modifition, I didn't even get the disk dirty message. I checked the file that was sent to me, and the modification is exactly the same. I think I will try nasty's one instead.

8. nastynath

nastynath Guest

jojor,

As I have said, the fixs I have work! I am not bull shitting you or anyone else for that matter! Game played flawlessly! PERFECT!

If it don't work for some I am sorry! :O

Oh, (not that I looked) but Larry has a little weener! LOL!

9. jojor

jojor Member

Nasty,

I am going to try your fix tonight. Do I have to apply both (default.xbe and AppInit.JAM), or just one if I am not going to play from the HDD. I kinda suspect it might be the software I use the extract and build. It surely can't be growisofs since the original lightforce ISO burn and play flawlessly. It is after the hex modification and repacking the iso that I had problem.

What do u use to extract and re-pack? I use extract-xiso to extract and XIsoManager on Wine to re-pack, since extract-xiso cannot produce a ISO9660 compliant ISO for use with growisofs. BTW, I am running Mandrake Linux 10.0.

If all else fails, I will try it on my laptop with WinXP to see if it makes a difference.

10. nastynath

nastynath Guest

jojor,

My pc specs- Pentium III- 866 MHz, XP Pro, service pack 1. 648 ram, 40 & 120GB HD, Pioneer DVD rom, Pioneer 8x single layer burner, 32 meg graphics, x2 network cards etc, etc.

An old machine I know but a tight arse to update! It does everything I want it to without fail!
    But waiting for Intel pentium 64bit to come out then update time!

I installed both fixs and ripped to dvd disc TDK 8x + positive format.
    It played as said b4 PERFECT!!!

I finished the game back in August and have not played since. It was flawless...

11. aumm

aumm Member

yeah, i couldnt get the iso to work either, i was just trying to play it off of the disc, not put it on the harddrive. im gonna try this fix. thanks!

12. LISH408

LISH408 Member

Nasty,

What programs did you use to extract and repack? Did apply the .xbe file and the .JAM to you disc, or just one or the other? I'm not having any luck. Maybe I just have a bad, older version of the uncensored patch. Try to get the one you have to me. I PM'd you my e-mail address.

13. nastynath

nastynath Guest

My LSL game is a DL from a torrent site.
    I first ripped to dvd + disc. Game played perfect!

Then read from XBOX to PC- FTP and cracked the game with my fix's. Created a iso image and burned to dvd-r+
    If you don't want to have a original of the game untouched rip to a dvd-rw so you can erase it!

I have an original of the game and a cracked version on dvdr+

14. aumm

aumm Member

"My LSL game is a DL from a torrent site.
    I first ripped to dvd + disc. Game played perfect! "

i dont understand why my game didnt work, i dlded from a torrent site, burned it and nothing, it didnt boot up...

15. dankatx

dankatx Member

[bold]Could you please send me the fixed AppInit.JAM file????[/bold] I got the hd fix to work with a hex editor but have not be able to get the censor bars removed. Every time I change the .JAM the xbox freezes before the game starts.

[bold]noemailsallowed@afterdawn.com[/bold]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  16. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

THE NEXT USER THAT POSTS AN EMAIL ADDY WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DEACTIVATED!

Use the pm function to swap addies - it's at the top right of every post and looks like this --->[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. jojor

jojor Member

I finally got mine to work using XIso on WindowsXP. All the linux command line program did not create the ISO correctly. XIso also comes with a function to patch the default.xbe file.

18. yarmoth

yarmoth Member

Data\JamFiles\Xbox doesn't appear in my image of lsl. (It's the original copy, just backed it up to my pc)

Am I missing something?

19. nastynath

nastynath Guest

I have just sent out both fix's for LSL for those who pm me.

If you are having probs read the directory for the nudity patch in this thread. Or read the bleeping notes supplied with email.

It is so bleeping easy all! If you cannot do it, then tough shinola as I am fed up with people asking for the dummest answers.

And still I get fools that pm me with no bleeping email addresses.
    I am at the point that I will help no more if this still happens.

Nastycunt!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2004
  20. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

So how do you really feel about that nastynath? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.