1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lenovo HDD help

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by neilcolt, Oct 9, 2019.

1. neilcolt

neilcolt Regular member

Hi,
    Dont know whether I can get this PC working but I thought I would give it a try. My old firm went bust and the new give away the old PCs. The PC I have is a Lenovo Thinkcentre M93p (mini) 4g memory.
    Originally it had windows 7 loaded from new but because of security reasons they wiped the HDD and ive no back ups, to get it going Iam using a new operating system disk windows 7( i own my own disk)
    I have been into the bios and set the HDD to boot from cd/dvd and put the operating disk in but it just keeps coming up with the same error saying it cant find the operating system. There is an error number which I can get if anyone needs it.
    When the PC boots the cd/dvd is spinning but wont load. I ve also tried a windows 10 disk and it didnt work either.
    As this keep failing I wonder if i have to get onto Lenovo and see it they will have to sell me an original back up operating system to get it going.
    The one thing I must tell you this PC comes with no cd/dvd fitted , i have had to use a plug in USB one, the disk is spinning when the PC starts as I have chosen it to be 1st device boot.
    Is there anything else I could try to get a operating system loaded onto the clean HDD.
    Thanks.

2. ffg7

ffg7 Regular member

is either a bad disk(dvd) or dirty lens on the usb dvd drive. is the external drive seen by the bios?

3. neilcolt

neilcolt Regular member

I will boot it up today and get back to you. I have tried 2 seperate dvd/cd disks with windows on so that omits the disks. However i ll see if it has detected the dvd drive in the bios and get back to you thanks.

4. aldan

aldan Active member

that error would suggest you are trying to boot from the hdd,which of course has no os.you need to go into the bios and boot from the cd.once the cd loads you just follow the on screen instructions to install windows.

5. neilcolt

neilcolt Regular member

Hi Aldan , if you read my original message i set the cd to boot first in the bios . However lenovo bios in not easy to use. I cannot see the HDD nor the cd player either. The HDD is a new one and ive tried a few . Also I dont know whether in the bios to look lol .

6. aldan

aldan Active member