1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let us stay logged in on multiple computers

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by Fiction88, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Fiction88

Fiction88 Member

I know it only takes like 5 seconds to log in on a pc, or laptop, but it's considerably longer on a mobile phone. I'm sure 90% of us nerds on here have multiple PCs and having to log in every time I switch from my phone, to my laptop, to my desktop is a royal pain in the butt. Especially because I surf from different parts of the house daily.

I think this is the only forum I'm a part of that's like that, I find it very annoying. Who's with me?

2. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Not really. I have a password saver on my mobile and it's able to store my username and password for me.

Makes sure I know which comp I was on last using aD's website.

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

It is about security. Forcing other computers to log your account off when you log in to a new PC makes sure that people don't leave their accounts hanging in public PCs in libraries, etc. And it also relates to the way our site authenticates you (128-bit hash which is randomly generated every time you log in) -- again, to boost the security. Unlike forums using some of the major forum software packages, our user db has never been compromised.

I agree that with some mobile browsers it is annoying to log in, but luckily the new browsers are getting smarter and allow you to store your login details behind one "master password" nowadays.

4. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

I agree with dRD security is the top reason here i would not like to be able to be kept logged on mulyiple computers one because of the public computer reason two would be the more computers i log on to i would lose track on how many and where i would b logged onto soo each time i log on to new pc i love how the old computer i log onto log out. Keep it as it is I say.