1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black (2) Do You Have A Bitch ? Put On Your Rubbers And Wade In.

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shardel

Shardel Guest

Happy Birthday Ireland
    If you are older than dirt, that dog I thought I had when I was a
    kid must have been a pet dinasour. :)

2. little155

little155 Regular member

The Oregon State Beavers had some nice things and some "not so nice" things said about them.

3. ireland

ireland Active member

Morning all,

Nice video.,when life was a little slower and ye were able to stop and smell the flowers.and see ye friends in real time instead of in a computer.

The Meaning of American Pie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycgegp0KdE4

cheers

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Gerry at least your inside I'm stuck in a factory thats 105 to 110 degrees 10 hours a night, no fun

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

dang aabbccdd you working with me????

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yeah Rob i pretty much am lol. makes me dislike/dread summertime every year. we have fans but all there doing is blowing hot air(kinda like gerry) LMAO!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2007
  7. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@aabbccdd and Cincyrob ... well, I don't envy you that! Did it myself for a few years long ago; it was pretty damned rough. Well, back to revisions in legislation. It really bites the big one ... the closest thing I can imagine to a lobotomy!

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

gerry, we can always get doc ty to do that for you!!!!!

9. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Gerry...I got that lobotomy covered...I have the "Ultimate set of Tools"..."My brother is a Doctor"...and "I stayed at a Holiday Inn last Night"..:)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2007
  10. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Fantastic video, Ireland! Thanks for sharing the link.

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Happy Birthday Ireland- Ye share a birthday with my Mom who was 87 today. Still sharp as a tack.

12. billybob

billybob Regular member

woah, your mum and ireland are the same age :p

13. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Nothing much to bitch about today. My car is fine, turns out nothing was wrong with its engine. They didn't check anything but that was my primary concern.

Turns out for some strange reason that the noise is "normal" for Audi's. They had two other cars (not sure what models as I was at work) that they had my dad start and they both made the noise as well. One was at least twice as loud as my car, according to my dad.

So, at least my car is ok. :)

Peace

EDIT (by Pop_Smith): Oh, I do have a bitch for today! I noticed yesterday a scratch, pretty deep and about 4-inches long, on my car's driver door. Well, I was like "When the [explicative] did that happen"?

I told my mom about it and she said, completely calm, "Oh, I did that with the lawn mower. I was getting it out the backyard and it barely fit between the gate and your car".

I almost starting ranting, but decided against it. The dumb part is, its deep so its not something I could buff out either. Looks like I am going to have to get my door repainted now. :angry:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Pop Smith

Sounds like your obsession with this new car is getting to you. Normal at first; but after that first scratch and MANY more to come from the parking lots you'll get weathered by all of them in time, and stop looking for them. Just remember they only key the cars, at school and other places, which are pristine. Obsess over driving it.

15. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

@garmoon,

Yeah, I noticed a couple of door height marks the 2nd day after I drove it, they didn't bug me too bad because things like that happen. The only reason that the scratch bugs me is because it wasn't from another car or someone being a jerk, it was my own mother trying to squeeze the lawnmower out of the backyard!

Oh well, I am pretty obcessive with the interior because even if the outside isn't in the best shape, once people get inside when its in good condition they will probably totally forget about the outside. :)

Peace

16. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

pop, it cost my mother $500 to repaint the 1 side of my neighbor's car because my stepfather did the exact same thing as what your mother did.

17. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

@ddp,

Ouch, yeah I know its gonna be expensive but I might do it. I will think about it and get an estimate from a guy that did an excellent job repainting my dad's car (a 2003 beetle :p).

Oh well, time to go wash my car. :)

18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Much better Pop. Enjoy your ride.

19. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

wow heat index was 110 degrees working 10 hours today, think I've lost at least 5 lbs this week from the heat. the worst thing is the pace we work at(fast) and sometimes it gets to the point its hard to even breath in that kinda heat. no bitch though glad to have a good job and it could aways be worse like the guys/girls working the road crews or our men and women in Iraq fighting terrorism in 125 degree heat in full gear so we can live in a free country

20. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@aabbccdd ... when in school, I worked (briefly) in a textile factory and then pumping gas in New England both in the heat, rain and freezing cold ... I was much younger then though and its much easier; weather doesn't seem to phase you at all at that age.

Well, just one and a half days left for this miserable training I have to attend. We received a 600 page book on "revisions" of the "Workforce Investment Act" with all its wherefores and hithertoos. Today we had another several hundred page binder on the use of our new state website; I'll need a wheelbarrow to bring it all home. Why does government make this far more complicated than it has to be? Well, have a good day all! Back to the nonsense!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.