1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black (2) Do You Have A Bitch ? Put On Your Rubbers And Wade In.

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Sounds like you could do with a new boss.

2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Or at least a new hairdresser LOL!!

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

True, find him one, quick!

4. billybob

billybob Regular member

Ill use hydrochloric acid instead of peroxide if you want gerry. ;)

5. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Or you could just give him lots and lots of Dihydrogen monoxide. Its a very common household item, its everywhere, that can cause frequent urination and in come cases vomiting.

Anyway my bitch of the day:

I hate speed dips and think they should be banned. Sure, speed bumps have to be replaced more often but speed dips sink making it even worse for cars that have low ground clearance.

The reason why this is a bitch is because I went though the one at my work Monday, with someone almost hitting my rear end, barely too fast and heard a small scrape. It freaked me out but didn't seem to do anything as I walked around the car when I parked it.

However, I washed it today and when I did so I noticed a ~2-inch long scrape with a slight dent on the bottom of the front passenger fender, in front of the tire to get more specific.

Its not too bad as you can't even see it unless you really, really look but it still pisses me off.

Actually what got my attention first was that the fender wasn't totally straight, it sticks out, just barely, instead of being flush like it is on the drivers side and upon closer inspection I noticed the scrape.

My conclusion? I think I am going to park in the upper part of my work from now on. Sure, I'll have to walk just a bit more but then I won't have to deal with the stinking dip anymore.

Peace

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  6. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

No Bitch Today...I WON MY LAWSUIT...Yes...

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what lawsuit was that?

8. little155

little155 Regular member

How much did the lawyer get?

9. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

What did you get out of it? ;-)

10. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Speed dips? never heard of them...

11. greensman

greensman Regular member

Congrats Lp!!! I know that you've been going round and round for a few years on this. :) NOW you can start that much needed home improvement project. :D btw BEERS on you AND I mean you're BUYING!!!!! hehehe.

....gm

I'm NOT gonna B!TCH today cause I'd write a mini-novel.... :p

12. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Maybe thats not what they are called, but basically its a U shaped hole, about six inches in the ground, lined with concrete.

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

Similar to a speed bump BUT more annoying and injurious to your car. :) WELL if you speed over them. LOL. I see an oxy-moron here. hehehe.

....gm

14. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

No Money was awarded... I was the Defendant...this case has been going on for over 2 years...My Neighbor (of 17 years...I have lived there 31 years)was Suing Me...because the fence between us fell down...No one was Hurt...when I attempted to replace it...they wanted me to move the fence over 18 inches...towards my House...Well there is only 5ft between my House and the fence...and its all concrete...and there is roughly 15ft between the fence and there House...
    So I told them...NO...
    So they filled suit against...Me...and the Family Trust...for Emotional Distress...Pain and Suffering...in the amount of $120,000...For lack of Privacy while Gardening...
    Get This...They felt $1,500 a week was reasonable...Since they are English...and "Everyone Knows what Gardening means to the English"...
    Anyway...This was the second suit they filled...and the Judge Tossed it...
    So Now...$40,000 Lighter...an over 2 Years with out a Fence...it is Hopefully Over... Except for One thing...Still No Fence...

No Winners...Except the Attorneys...DIE DIE DIE..}:)

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yep NOW I see why you have the red letters. LOL. Isn't there a possession law in Cali that basically states something over 7 years and they've excepted the "condition" as your property. OH well you got it done but not without some serious LAWYERING!!! hehehe. ;)

....gm

16. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Well at least you didn't have to put the stupid fence where your neighbors wanted it. Digging up all that concrete would cost a fortune! There is one thing about being a lawyer. For the most part you get paid no matter what. :p

Sometimes you don't get paid but very rarely. Glad to hear the case was handed to a reasonable judge and tossed out.

Peace

17. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@Greensman
    The Red was Just the Devil in Me Speaking...If you Wish for Something 3 Times...You Never Know...}:)

The House was Bought in 1976...I Live in one of the Old Historic Area of Modesto...PAID...$12,500 for it...The subdivision was Built in 1927...Neighbors House was Built in 1929...Mine 1937...Originally Built as a Second House on there Lot...My House and Lot...Split-Off in November 1942...Middle of WWII...guess were all your Surveyors were at the time...

There is a Marker Pin Next to Old Fence Location Consistent with a Corner Pin from that Era...However...No Pins from Before the 60's can be considered Official because...they are Not Numbered...If that Pin was Official...The Old Fence would have been on my side of Property...By the New Survey...I was Encroaching a Total of 12.1sq Ft...Down a Length of 50ft...

18. greensman

greensman Regular member

If my math is correct (which it normally is) you were OFF less than 3 inches!!!!! NOW as far as property goes and the time it has been that way, WHO GIVES TO RAT'S A$$E$!!!! ON the other hand a woman might have a legitimate complaint.........heheheh...

...gm

19. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

If you could stand it, don't rebuild the fence. It might force them to do it for you.

20. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@greensman
    Your correct except the actual encroachment is shaped like a wedge...The fat part towards the front of property...The fence was perfectly parallel to the 2 Houses...The Houses are square to the street...however the property line runs at a sharp angle...

My neighbors...did the same thing to the Lady that lived on the other side of them...within the 1st year they lived there...She was installing a Pool...removed the Fence for Construction...They filled a Cease and Desist order...Holding her construction up...after 6 months...she caved in and moved the Fence Over 6 inches...They thought they could do the same to me...

They have lived next to me for 17 years...I don't know what they were thinking...I am Not Built that Way...I do not Run From Fights...I Embrace them...Especially...when I am Right...Nobody Pushes me Around...I am Definitely a Scrapper...My Attorney Told Me to settle with them instantly...He said It would not be Worth Fighting it...I told him "that is what they are counting on"...

The Kicker to All this is...In the Pre-Trial Settlement Conference...I Offered $15,000 to purchase the Little Sliver of Land...It amounted to what I was going to pay my attorney to Continue on to Court...They Said "they wanted the Land and the Cash"...They Could have basically got out of it...without it costing them really anything...They were stubborn and Greedy...and...It Cost Them...So now $80,000 latter...Neither of us have a Fence...and the Fence Line has Yet to be determined...

@garmoon
    I do not foresee a Fence going up anytime soon...especially since I am Getting ready to add a Second Floor to my House...They are going to Love having to Look-up at my New House...an added benefit to the Construction...

I like your Motto:Its so appropriate...Considering my Neighbors...
    Die Die Die... I know its not right...But...I can Dream It...}:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.