1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black (2) Do You Have A Bitch ? Put On Your Rubbers And Wade In.

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

there is a difference in Physical violence and handing out a good BUTT whipping. greensman is right the kids now days dont have any respect for anything, they think the world ows them something for just the fact they are alive.

if i was to act like kids do now days my parents would have tanned my hide so fast i couldnt see straight.

every kid is gonna rebal thats just part of growing up, but when they have no respect for there parents or there elders thats when the belts and paddles need to be brought back into the picture...

the world is a place of political correctness. not CORRECTNESS itself.

the courts are worried more about a murderers rights and offending them, to hell with them you gave up all rights when you broke the law.wheres the victims right to live or not be beaten, stole from ect.....

like i said in the begining here there is a difference in the physical violence and a good ass whipping. you can punish a child without putting that childs life in danger. thats what/how i was brought up and beleive in.

edit to add---
    just look in the past, like greensman and other have said, the rate of violence that deal with kids is at a alarming rate. there is no fear in these kids, no remorse for what they do. i mean for instance here in cincinnati last week a 14yo boy got his GF pregnant, when he found this out him and 2 of his friends found the girl and beat her near death. him, hiself jumped and kicked the girl in the stomach repeatidly, and when arrested he said what he did there was nothing wrong with what he did, he didnt want the baby anyway... hell he aint nothing but a baby himself..

now do you think a harsh word or a stern look or a agrresive stance would have prevented this boy from doing what he did.... not in my eyes it wouldnt.

i know there are quite a bit of younger members here, and by no means am i saying you guys are any where near like the people we are talking about in these cases, but you guys just havent grown up enough to really know what its like to have lived just back 15-20 years ago. heck when i was in school i got swats from the principle then when i got home got it from my mom, then when my dad got home from work i got it again from him... its all about respect and there isnt any of that any more...

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  2. billybob

billybob Regular member

"Respect for their elders"

^

This. When the person is a stranger, or you are not familiar with the elder person, then yes, i believe that people should respect their elders.

But i also feel that this doesnt last forever....respect needs to be earnt.

(i mean this for teenages respecting elders)

3. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Fredbun:
    Yeah, it's really aweful. We made national news twice in the last couple of weeks. Most recently, it was because we had 22 shootings in a twenty four hour period; seven of them were killed and a bunch more are expected to die. A week or so before, we made CNN with a clip of dumba$$ mayor Street imploring the youth of Philly to "put the guns down and join in a city wide "cease fire" ... how stupid can you get! Even as we speak, I have my own problems with a convicted murder I had to deal with who should never have been let out of jail in the first place. Threats were made, an office is being set up for me where I have quick and unobstructed access out the door etc. A few years ago, someone with the same job of approving/disapproving government grants in Philly got beaten to a pulp with some guy with a baseball bat and will be disabled for the rest of his days... I guess he's lucky that it was a baseball bat, now they simply shoot you.

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

no you are correct billybob respect should be earnt not just handed out. and just what you said couldnt have been said any better. if its a older person or someone you dont know you give them there respect they deserve just for the time the have put in and things they have seen and done.

like i said you younger guys/gals(if there is any) in here arent the same kids we are talking about that are out theredoing these horrific things... you have your attitudes(as do us older guys) but you can see right from wrong, and if the truth be known, you have had a swat or 2 in you short lived years so far...lol

once again im not trying to offened you younger guys, just trying to show you a point of veiw that isnt that old in itself...

we have a wide range of age here at AD we have the youngster like yourself billiybob,ripper.ect the middle of the road guys like greensman, myself, then the older farts like gerry1,garmoon ect. and each one of us have learned respect from our parents and thats the way it should be...

i know im just rambling but this is something i take to heart, i have 3 boys soon to be 9yo-5yo-3yo. and they will learn respect the same way i did. get praise when they do good and get the paddle when doing wrong..

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  5. billybob

billybob Regular member

Cincyrob, i rarely get offended...its normally be accidently offending people :p

HAHAHAHAHA! Well said my friend. Well said.

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

So 19y2m22d would make me a youngster then? :p

7. billybob

billybob Regular member

I have NO idea what you just siad sam :)

8. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Cyncyrob said"
    Young whippersnapper you! Garmmon and I will show you that you're not too old for a paddling yourself LOL!

9. billybob

billybob Regular member

LOL! Ah gerry, what would we do without you.

10. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Billybob, it was my age.

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

lmao paddling youself now that is a total different topic there...lol maybe the whippersnappers shouldnt see/read...lol

12. FredBun

FredBun Active member

gerry1, yeah I know my friend, this whole subject has really got my goat, I like to turn on the news at 6 mainly cause I want to check out the weather and sports, its the in between like our shootings and murders here in Philly we have to watch between sports and weather, I mean Philly always has been a pretty ruff town but what has been happining lately is unreal, Philly for some reason has turned into a pagen society, there was a time I use to be proud to anounce I was from Philly, south philly especially, but now, this town has gone down the crapolla.

Than of course always when I get a chance to watch the national news at 6.30 bieng a vet myself I'm always intersted on how our boys are doing, than I need to be reminded about Philly nationally, jeez give me a break.

Than you see things like that poor family in Conn. that got wiped out, and worse yet if you can call it that those two teenage kids in Kentucky or Tenn. whichever, that were so brutally and savagly ripped apart before they murdered them, that doctor from Conn. that survived, his wife and two daughters gone, and the parents of the two teens, I would not be able to go on living I'm sorry, I would make it my mission in life for outright revenge even if it meant me spending the rest of my life in jail or even getting killed myself with a shoot out with the cops trying to get to those animals, I would gladly accept my demise to get my chance at justice, sorry I got to get off I'm sitting here grinding my teeth.

13. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Cincyrob"
    OOPS! Freudian slip. Now you guys know my dirty little secret LMAO!

14. billybob

billybob Regular member

Im such an idiot haha.

15. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Where abouts you from Sam? :D

Well... :p

16. billybob

billybob Regular member

I think sams from Britain too...

Hey jack, top or bottom?

17. Ripper