1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black (2) Do You Have A Bitch ? Put On Your Rubbers And Wade In.

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greensman

greensman Regular member

PacMan you love to write don't you!! :p

btw I call them all SCOOTERS cause I like to piss off the Harley guys. hehehe. My dad included. He's ridden since the late 50's and has a FHLR but prefers his Trike (park avenue blown V6 btw....stupid fast is the only explanation!!!)

And I agree with you about the Harley owners and EGO. I've been drooling over the Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 for a few years now. I love 'em for some reason. I is a LARGE man so I can handle the LARGE bike. lol. It wouldn't look right for a 6' 300lb man to jump on a bike with less than let's say 1300cc!!! hehehe.

...gm

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

GM
    Just got back from a short cruise in the country (about 50 miles). Everything seems to be ready for the 400 mile ride tomorrow. My bitch is that I wish I'd gotten out earlier. It won't be long until it gets cold and riding isn't as much fun.

I like to gab on certain topics. ;) I was sort of kidding about scooters. I have a habit of calling anything below 1000cc a scooter or like you, do it to anger an owner. Didn't do that back when I had a smaller bike. ;)

If you caught a glimpse of that photo I posted, I'm not exactly the poster child for anorexia. I'm slightly taller than you and just slightly lighter and the 1800cc is right for me. I'd say you'd be happier on the big Vulcan than a 1300cc bike. A friend of mine has a 1300cc and it feels almost like a scooter after riding the 1800cc. I doubt if he weighs 170 lbs with rocks in his pockets, so it's enough for him. I doubt if he and his girlfriend together weigh as much as I do. With the big bikes low speed and standing still are the tricky part. Let it lean the least bit and you have a bike on the ground. Once they start to fall, they're too heavy to catch if you're sitting on it. I dropped mine shortly after I got it (pulling off the street onto a lot across a sidewalk entrance). Luckily the highway bar was all that touched the ground.

Yeah, we big guys look a little funny on a small bike. Sorta like an elephant riding a pony.

Speaking of stupid fast, the bike I have is enough. I don't need a car engine. I was looking at the Boss Hosses and those things are insane. Besides the trikes they've got big block aluminum V8s on the 2 wheel version. I saw a guy open one up and it was all over the road (from one side of an 8 lane to the other). We thought we were looking at a fatality, but at the last second the bike caught traction and bounced straight up. All I can say is someone was looking over fools that day. I bet the guy's rhoids were in a pucker, that or he had to make a stop to clean the yellow stains off. LOL

3. greensman

greensman Regular member

I bet they were BROWN and not yellow!! LOL.

My mechanic has a softtail and he's done some "work" to it. Needless to say the thing has a few more ponies than a stock Harley. Well he let me ride the thing last year and me being the cocky SOB that I am, I CRANKED on it. LOL. Went from 1st to 2nd and lost some traction. Thank God it finally grabbed or I was out some serious CASH!!! LOL. It was fun I must admit tho. :D

My B!TCH again!!! I wants a MOTORcycle for those quiet cruises in the country....or if your here in the pasture or cotton fields. hehehe....

....gm

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

NOW that's not me you SOB!!!

6', 300lbs, 54" chest, 44" waist, calves that look like Laura Davies (maybe even bigger... :p) OH and hair to prevent the GLARE from blinding someone!!!! :p

....gm

ps @ LOCO: we need to play some golf....I need the camaraderie and the BEER when it's over..... :D You in for some of that?? Somewhere in Mississippi would be halfway....meet you there!!!! LOL...

6. LOCOENG

I've got a Titleist visor to keep the glare out of my eyes :p ...and there is plenty of golf right here, just come on over. Beer is in the fridge getting cold, just found a new one called Landshark that isn't too shabby.

http://www.landsharklager.com/AgeGate.aspx?ReturnUrl=/default.aspx

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

LOL OK LOCO... I'm not quite that huge. Methinks that guy would make a Boss Hoss look small.

gerry1
    I have a performance exhaust system, but I left the baffles in. Those are like the mufflers on a car. My computer fuel control system needs the back pressure to keep the oxygen sensor reading properly. I have a healthy rumble, but it doesn't shake anyone's windows. I had a bike with the baffles open and it got old fast. It's no fun having to wear ear plugs all the time.

GM
    My bike started out with 106 HP and 120 ft/lbs of torque stock. At stock it has more torque than one of Harley's big Screaming Eagle softail packages (Custom Vehicle Operations) starting at $25,000. I've gone full stage one including a velocity stack breather for the fuel injection, performance module for the computer along with low restriction, performance exhaust. The additions are noticable and it has more torque and top end performance than before. If I want more I'd have to go nitrous or have internal work done to the engine. I've got enough to keep me happy now. 100 HP is a goal many Harley owner's shoot for. Next time around where there's a dyno, I'm going to put mine on to see what I'm actually pulling at the rear wheel. Just imagine that softail you rode on steroids. LOL

If that big Vulcan you like wasn't so heavy, it would be a real screamer. To tell the truth, it is, but it's not as nimble as the VTX1800 I'm riding. Even though they're cruisers, they've gotta go around the corners sometime. The big Japanese cruisers will smokem and unless a Harley has had radical custom work, outrun em.

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

@LOCO,
    Been drinking this lately and it's DANG good!!! :) link

@PacMan,
    Sounds like you have to much CASH laying around to spend 25K on a SCOOTER.....hehehee. :p Honda, right?? frikkin rice burner..... :p

.....gm

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

All that beer talk made me scarf down my supply of cheap beer. I've been too lazy to run by the beer store. Bud is better than no beer at all though. LOL

GM... Too much CASH. Remember... I'm the one on the "frikkin rice burner". LOL Pricewise though there's not a lot of difference between my bike (after the accessories) and a Harley. Mine books for about $15,000 and a comparable Harley about $17,000 to $18,000. I've got about 3 to 4 thousand dollars in accessories.

That's my bitch for the evening. Why do cycle parts with a tiny spec of chrome cost over $100 minimum? Instead of getting nickeled and dimed to death, every thing I get takes a C-Note (or more). I'm being Franklin(ed) to death. ;)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

I'm a little guy here 5'7" 150 LB. lol

11. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Are you inferfing LOCO and GM are oversized? ;)

12. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

5"11"...225lbs...I use to have Hair Down to my Ass...Shaved Head Now...

13. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

well i know LOCO isn't quite that big lol

but it sounds like GM may be 2 of me lol. 29" waist here

14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I bet you win all the hide and go seek games. ;)

15. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I bet that's a real sight... shiny noggin, and hairy down to your ass. LOL Forgive me, but the mental image reminded me of a character I saw on TV. Remember the big carnival strongman in the old movies. I think that was the stereotype.

16. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Yea...I look like the Mr Clean Guy..:)LOL..
    I like having a Shaved Head...much more Comfortable and Convenient...

17. LOCOENG

I'm the same...only got you by an inch and about 15 pounds.

That is certainly a suprise...

looks like you all need to head over to the mugshot thread.

18. Phlax

Phlax Guest

/me stays well out of size debate to avoid any further abuse fomr greensman.

However, from the sounds of it I could take aabbccdd - 6 foot 1 and about 11 stone, mostly muscle here :p

Lol x)

19. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Jack, That's until abcdman pulls out his gun and shots your arse. LMAO

EDIT:
    Forgot my Bitch: Huge hangover this morning, feeling poorly. Can't take anymore LSU comebacks. Great game against dreaded Florida last night. The parties went on forever last night.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  20. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Garmoon ... I use to offer sacrifices to the gods that to the Philadelphia Eagles would lose (I always did so silently naturally). If they won some big game, there was always hell to pay in center city where I live. Drunken people would celebrate until all hours in one of our zillion sports bars than hit the road at two and three honking horns , drinking and getting rowdy. I use to just put in earplugs until I got a beer bottle through my living room window. I'm told that Eagles fans have a nasty reputation; dont know if that's true but I do know that both Veterans Stadium and now Lincoln have a massive block of holding cells ... seriously; its on the news all the time. (You can tell I'm not much of a football fan). Now Hockey, being for the most part raised in Quebec,that's a different matter but American Hockey is a little woosy, they actually have "rules" ...what the hell's up with that??? I get a kick seeing them on TV; the majority of them are from Quebec. I laugh at their accent because its so wierd in Philly (a few drinks under my belt though and I slip right back into it .. my friends get a real chuckle out of it)

MY BITCH!I'm moving again in just over two weeks!! Damn I hate moving! I'm staying in the same building though so it's not as bad, but a pain in the a$$ all the same. I couldn't get a mover though because the job of moving me from one floor to another is too small when they can make much bigger bucks so no one is willing (a$$holes!!). One of our doorman's brother in law and friends is going to move my stuff for me and he says they'll do it on the cheap so I'm going to have them move everything but my paintings and my collection of bronzes and marble little soldiers (no comment from you, greensman LOL!) The new apartment is cool though ... it's one immense room about the size of a mechanics three car repair bay (with the exception of the kitchen and bathroom. I'm going to have a grand ol' time setting up my home theater because I'll be directly above the main lobby, the east wall of the building on the left and a huge building utility room on the left so I should be able to let the system rip. There is an apartment directly above me but nothing to the sides and below and at least sound is worse traveling down than up.

Well, off to more packing and the worse is yet to come; tearing it down is easy, putting it all back together is what really bites the big one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.