1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black (2) Do You Have A Bitch ? Put On Your Rubbers And Wade In.

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i still love you, ger. :)

2. Jaybo

Jaybo Guest

Gents,

Just got home late Saturday, opened up the email to get a PM from dRD. Seems there was a "We" involved in the closing down of the DVDXCopy portion of the forum. It was time, the software was old, wouldn't work on Vista. It did still work with a 3rd party ripper, and XP, and 2000, 98 Sec. Ed. However it was not a security risk, a good firewall would take care of that. As for the software to call home and check for updates, , , , what was it going to call? A dead server? Like I said a good firewall would put an end to that. I don't have a problem with the closing the forum to a read only. So, , ,enjoy my past posts, , ,I am shutting down too, and turning into a *read only* former DXC Mod.

Take Care, Be Safe,

Jaybo

3. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Hey that reminds me. What happened to Ireland, it's strange he hasn't come in here yet lol.

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Irelands done in here thanks to some people FORGETTING what he and the DVD X Copy folks have done for Afterdawn and putting them on the map!!! How soon good deeds are forgotten. The ALL ABOUT ME ATTITUDE that alot of people possess nowadays makes me want to chuck it too!!

here read this, its BS man!!

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/569833

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2007
  5. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Hey that's gay! So he wont be on here anymore?

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Nope His Done!!!

7. Phlax

Phlax Guest

I hate to be the one who rains on the parade, but I for one knew this was how ireland would react.. Sure the DXC Mods did a great job for the forum but their job was kind of made obsolete a while back, was it not?

I think it's fair to say that ireland has been an AfterDawn Addict and not a DXC Mod for a long time now..

However, I do think it's sad that the forums had to go and that the site admins could at least offer the mods a kind of "retirement package" - a fancy title for the road, maybe.

Anyway, I have a bitch - I have to be up and ready this early to get to work experience all this week.. Welcome to the real world :-(

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

good luck just think you only have about 51 more years of work to go till retirement lol! i have maybe 10 or 12 years if things go ok

9. billybob

billybob Regular member

you always say that gm.. :p

10. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Take care Jaybo and ireland and don't be strangers.

11. Shardel

Shardel Guest

Ireland-Sincerely hope you won't go away. Your sense of humor is
    much appreciated. Hot Tech Downloads is so informative. You are
    an asset to the site.
    I haven't been here long enough to know Jaybo but I'm sure you
    were a major contributor as well.

12. little155

little155 Regular member

Good luck, ireland and Jaybo, won't be the same without you, George.

13. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@abuzar...

Perhaps you don't realize that Ireland and Jaybo just got one hell of a slap in the face as it was people like those two who made this site what it is, not certain powers that be.

aabbccdd is absolutely right in everything he said.Just another example of ingratitude and arrogance at its absolute worse. I know that Ireland won't be coming back and I don't blame him one bit. Just another example of disposable people and an arrogant attitude of FU$% 'em, I'll do what I want; he's outlive his usefullness. It is also disgraceful the way certain a certain power in the site has to revel publically in the public humiliation and crucifiction of someone who's done a great deal more for the success of this site than he's ever done or will do ... and we speak of childish behavior in the console forums! GOD BLESS, IRELAND AND JAYBO, DESPITE THE ACTIONS OF THOSE WOULD UNASHAMEDLY CONSIDER YOU AN EQUAL OR EVEN AN UNDERLING.

14. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i guess i'm in a small minority here, but i don't really see an issue. some disused forums were closed and members who were addicts in all but title, having no AD mod capabilities, were given the title "addict." it doesn't really seem a slap in the face at all, to me.

we wouldn't even have an afterdawn without drd and the other admin. they are the ones who made this site; the x-copy members didn't do a whole lot of posting on AD, in my observance, besides in the safety valve or messing with rule-breakers. they created atmosphere, yes, but on afterdawn itself, didn't do as much as more regular members.

flame away, i guess.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  15. Phlax

Phlax Guest

Yay for Brandon.

16. tocool4u2

tocool4u2 Guest

Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch!
    Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead.

Yay.

17. Phlax

Phlax Guest

That's beautiful ^^

Lmao.

18. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

post like that shows total disrespect towards Ireland. its not necessary

and either is that post

but i don't accept much from 14 or 15 year old kids. you're understand in 20 or 30 years maybe

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2007
  19. Phlax

Phlax Guest

Oh take it with a pinch of salt abcd; my reply was intended like so, anyway.

And wow, lost for words so you just whacked out the whole age thing again? Do you have a problem with children in their teen years or something? I think that for a child of my age I conduct myself in a very mature/adult manner, for the most part (no one's perfect). Why don't you just lay off it and we can all get along, eh?

20. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You need to work out to carry a 45?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.