1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antomic

antomic Regular member

@the fiend
    although modding does involve taking stuff apart to see how it works, it can also be creative and artistic. You could change the game and transform it into your own creation. add your own creative touches. make it yours. For example, Counterstrike originaly started as a modification of half life. and i love counterstrike more than half life. They made that game their own work, and its simply beautiful. I wish i could do something like that for a halo map..and i think i will someday.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2006
  2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Ok, so you obviously did not get the point i was trying to make, but i'm not going to go into this any further, i've already had 2 flamewars about this subject today, which is more than enough for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2006
  3. antomic

antomic Regular member

why would i flame you over that? your a nice guy. I've never flamed you for such a dumb subject. besides, i feel so relaxed now. I've posted stupid stuff, but ive never flamed anyone. thats a fact.

4. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

I would flame you, not the other way around...

5. antomic

antomic Regular member

Why would you flame an anarmed user? umm...ok i dont really care. words are only words..and thats all they'll ever be. Anyway, does anyone feel that AD should have an edit feature for the newsposts?

6. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I refuse to have a battle of intellect with an unarmed man...

7. ireland

ireland Active member

I did a search for a pix of the The_Fiend on the net,this is what i found..that must be a true pix as that is how i picture him..
    what do ye all think...is it a yes or no?

[​IMG]

8. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

I think that's a great template for a sig, ireland..

9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

it is a great pic, it's 'vista' like..

10. ireland

ireland Active member

i cut the above pix down from over 400k,to 18k any one who wants it..take it as the template is proper for to use it here..
    all that is needed is a user name or extra text added..

here another if some one wants it take it..

[​IMG]

11. antomic

antomic Regular member

wow. thats a nice one. I think ill put that in my sig for a while. I hate those greedy basterds.

EDIT: iv got a new bitch..I hate the ranking system. It is set up wrong. If i had set it up, i would only allow a person to become a higher rank if they did good things and were well known and respected. If it is possible, could i get my own rank? it would be like this:

Antomic
    I dont need a rank because it doesn't show JACK on what i know.
    (if i had to have a rank, id want to be junior member)
    the reason i dont like the rankings is because it makes noobs look like they're experts. and i really, really dont like the new population of AD users. We need more lightning strikes to lower the population.
    EDIT 2
    I've found a really funny pic.
    [​IMG]
    hope this is the right spot for it.

12. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@antomic...I thought that was pretty good. I rather like those MAC vs PC commercials. I don't have a clue if PCs are better than MACS or visa versa but I know with certainty that their commercials are working. I know people who have bought macs because of the "virus problems" and I know people who have bought macs because of constantly needing to reboot though I haven't had that problem since getting rid of windows 98 (knock on wood!) but I remember well how friggin' annoying that was! The commercial is hitting some nerves.

13. antomic

antomic Regular member

ya, i thought they were funny. I have a mac, too, so i know which one i think is better. Personally, i think they're both incredible computers, but macs are easy to use and they have soooo much POWER! my stepfather's mac has a processor 3 TIMES as powerful as an average windows xp computer. The downside to mac? The cost. Everything is so damn expensive with the mac, and alot of things arent compatable. windows is cheaper and has more things compatable for it. Im happy that someones posted. I was alone for almost half an hour..

14. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

PC Vs. MAC
    One word answer,

Software.

Which has more available for it.
    Still miss the 1984ish Mac commercial.
    Just my 2ยข worth.
    Another side note,
    "You just shot an unarmed man!"
    Clint "Well, he should have armed himself"
    Don't flame the squirrel unless you have absestos undies on and love the heat.
    My bitch, why hack into games and wonder where the challenge is to play them, why use cheat codes and come back 1/2 an hour later and say you are bored. Be a real man (or woman as Laura Croft would say) and play the game the way it was meant to be.

15. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Yeah, it was the compatibility thing that made me get a PC. A friend of mine was really into graphics and taught photoshop at Moore College of Art. He was going to teach me and thought I should get a Mac but I needed something compatible with the computers at work; I would have begrudginly spent the money on a Mac but certainly couldn't afford two computers!

My friend moved out of town so I never learnt photoshop anyway! Funny thing, he taught adobe photoshop and a number of other software packages in related fields but personally he preferred Corel paint and draw. I've got Corel paint and draw but can't for the life of me figure it out so I spent about $100 on instructional aides. Now if only I could figure those out LOL!

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@blivetnc

i agree with you.... why hack it and then complain....

hell everyone talking about xbox and PS3... hell im still trying to figure out my atari 5200.. go figure....oh the young guys dont know what that is..lol showing my age.....

my bitch is......my bitch,,,lol

oh yea can someone clue me into something? what is ad_buddies? ive heard alot about it never seen a site for it. is it as a few have mentioned it as a clique that only a few are chosen for???? just curious, not wanting to start ww4....

17. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

It's the unnoficial IRC chat for Afterdawn, there's a link to a Java client for the channel in my sig, and the IRC adress is in there as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2006
  18. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

all are welcome, we could do with some more people to chuck up in the air :p

19. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

You might get me up in the air, but I'd feel sorry for ya if'n you tried to catch me...lmao

EDIT: I nicked your RIAA sig...do you have any for the MPAA or DMCA?

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i might just have to give it a try. who knows i might learn something.hope i didnt make anyone mad with my last comment, dont know if ya dont ask. i was told only a few select get invites

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.