1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. consul

consul Regular member

The trick is to do what we do in England and just have sh*t weather all year round.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
  2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

If you remember Ernesto was supposed to be heading for New Orleans, well they blew that forcast (Thank Heaven). We are basking in a cool front and dry air for LSU football game tonight. Somebody else's turn for bad weather, sorry for the east coast. Sh#t happens all over! At least it wasn't a bad hurricane!

3. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@consul...Yes, I've heard it be drizzly and grey for weeks on end. I'm surprised you don't have some big national depression problem LOL! Perhaps brit physiology has acclimated after eons of it. I'm rather like a plant that needs sunlight...I'll put up with dreary weather for a few days but then I start to slump and wither LOL! Perhaps I should just illuminate my apartment with "grow-lights".

4. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2006
  5. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Ernesto was a cat1 in the Gulf before it hit Cuba/Hati/Domin Rep, but never regained Hurricane status in the Fla Straits, I'm praying that this year is quiet, but murphy's law says that there is a mother-in-law type hurricane out there with someone's name on it this year. Southern Humor, what does a hurricane and a divorce in South Carolina have in common?
    Somewhere, somehow someone is going to lose a mobile home.
    My Bitch is they make these new school calculators too complicated, had to buy a Ti-84 Plus silver Edition calculator for my oldest kid and I feel like a rocket scientist trying to explain it to her and get it set up.

6. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Blivet...o.k., let us have it: what do a hurricane and a south caroline divorce have in common?

7. little155

little155 Regular member

@gerry1, you missed it,"Somewhere, somehow someone is going to lose a mobile home." But maybe I've missed it. HeHeHe

8. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

oooops!! LOL! Guess I didn't identify with the "mobile home" thing ... being half-witted doesn't help either LOL!

9. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Damm Yankees don't know good humour when a transplant screws it up. What am I gonna do with y'alls?

[note to self] buy kid paper and pencil, tell her it is a retro calculator[/note to self]

10. little155

little155 Regular member

You guys are alright. I've many a good laugh on this thread. Keep it up.

11. ireland

ireland Active member

i just got up,so good afternoon..

I NO LONGER HAVE TO BITCH ABOUT THIS..
    i now know the answer,

Why do you sometimes shiver when you wee?

Asked by John Rae of Clapham, United Kingdom

Shiver wee? This is not to be confused with chivalry (the valorous qualities of a knight or gentleman) or a shivaree (a noisy mock serenade by friends of a newly wed couple).

This is a surprisingly commonly-asked Odd Body Question (OBQ), and no research has been done on this topic.

Low room temperature as covered parts of the body are exposed could be an obvious cause. More seriously, the shivering is an example of the human body's autonomic nervous system (ANS) at work.

We are not conscious of the ANS. It runs on automatic, hence its name, "autonomic", which literally means "self controlling, working independently". The urination reflex is relayed through the ANS. The reflex is directly related in strength to the amount of stretch of the bladder. Thus, the degree of shivering is generally related to how full the bladder is at the time of urination.

The ANS has two divisions. One is the parasympathetic nervous system (PNS) and the other is the sympathetic nervous system (SNS).

The SNS tends to keep the bladder relaxed and the urethral sphincter contracted. This is why one does not have an "accident" while one is concentrating on something else. It is true to say that the more "desperate" one becomes in response to a bulging bladder, the more the SNS acts to keep you dry.

The SNS response includes the release by the brain of chemicals doadrenal medulla catacholamines epinephrine, norepinephrine, and dopamine to bring about the necessary body reactions. When the opportunity arises to allow the parasympathetic side of the ANS to take over, the change in catacholamine production probably causes of the shivering.

Laboratory experiments which have not been undertaken would prove this beyond doubt.

In any case, at the moment of urination, there is a slight blood pressure rise and a momentary flushing or euphoria shortly after relaxing the urethral sphincter. Some find this feeling pleasurable. At such moments, some people say "ah". This same response in its most extreme forms causes fainting. All of this is the ANS doing its job.

Stephen Juan, Ph.D. is an anthropologist at the University of Sydney

Last edited: Sep 2, 2006
  12. Ripper

Ripper Active member

lol @Ireland - Thx for that little gem ;)

Why do you shiver when you wee? Hmmm... lol :p

Trust you for some classy reading eh... hehe

:D

13. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

ripper, it is weewee not hehe!!

14. Ripper

Ripper Active member

lol ddp :p

My bad...weewee ;)

15. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@antomic - pls redo your sig, there's an obvious word that needs to come out and whilst i really like the rain effect in the sig pic, the size of the pic is waaay over size limits. thanks

16. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

*Looks at antomic's sig* Yeah that's cool. But he's right. WAY too big! And the SH*T needs to come out... try crap... or wet noodle... maybe.

Oh well. Had a sweet gundam sig but I had to switch it to my current sig. I like this one better. My two favorite anime chicks :) Aisha Clanclan and Suzuka the assassin. Aisha is hot!

17. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

[​IMG]
    Direct link = http://bubba1982.jumbahost.com/main.php/d/130-1/mysig1.gif

I resized your sig to match the rules in size. eg, pixel length and height. but that wasn't enough to get the kb size down, so unfortunately I had to drop the colour back a bit too. I'll keep workin with it and see if I can fix it up a bit.

18. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

No, Aisha is a cartoon! ;-)

- And nice going bubba mate.. good to see there's still a bit of community spirit in this place :)

19. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

What's wrong with liking anime chicks? I don't obsess over them ;-)

It's a fun hobby though. I have the entire Outlaw Star series on DVD and it's a great series. 26 episodes if I'm not mistaken. I only ever watched it all the way through once though. On my fifth time through and it's taken over 2 months to get half way.

I have all the Gundam series. My favorite being 08th MS Team.

I got Love Hina, Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop, Eureka Seven, Kikaider... lots more. It's more about collecting than geeking out :)

20. ireland

ireland Active member

my bitch for the day

Men get six months in jail for stealing food from trash...

Steamboat Springs — One of the owners of a fresh produce store said Saturday that it is absurd that two men are in jail for taking spoiled fruit and vegetables from the store’s trash area.

On Wednesday, Giles Char­lé, 24, of Somersworth, N.H., and David Siller, 27, of Wayne, Pa., pleaded guilty to misdemeanor trespass and were sentenced to spend six months in Routt County Jail and pay $15 in restitution to Sweet Pea Produce. The men were on their way to the Rainbow Family of Living Light Gathering in North Routt County when they were arrested June 26.

The men admitted that they jumped a fence and took fruits and vegetables from the garbage area at Sweet Pea.

go here to read the article
    http://www2.steamboatpilot.com/news/2006/sep/02/sweet_pea_owners_we_didnt_want/?local_news

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.