1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crowy

crowy Guest

This should brighten you all up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@pyffy...you're practically seated on my doorstep! I live just one block west of there and pass it every morning on my way to the office. I'm not familiar with the "More than just Ice Cream" place on Locust but I walk locust all the time and have prorbably passed it often. Seems we all have our favorite little haunts. THe parks around the Museums are really quite nice but one must be careful in the picnic areas behind the art museum; muggings there are high.

It would appear that the art museum folks feel the Rocky Statue is a tourist attraction...a sad commentary given the contents of the museum LOL!

THere was a bit of a sad tone to your message; I hope your friend is o.k. and that I read it wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2006
  3. crowy

crowy Guest

4. crowy

crowy Guest

5. pyffy

pyffy Regular member

@Gerry.
    We never had any problems at the parks, but then we were there with the lunch time crowds in the late spring/early summer sun. My friend lives up on West Girard near the college and it was a lovely walk down there past the old penitentiary. Alas my friend and I have drifted apart as long distances came between us. But I still think of her often as she was the kindest most genuine person I have ever met. As to More Than Just Ice Cream, take a look here for the details and a review http://philadelphia.citysearch.com/profile/8959624 Give it a try and see what you think..

6. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

LMAO! I use to live one block from there too!! It used to be a seriously overpriced yuppie restaurant where $50.00 bought you an entree that wouldn't feed a bird! Little wonder it's selling ice cream! I'll stop by next time I'd down that way which is really quite often.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2006
  7. pyffy

pyffy Regular member

Well the prices are way cheaper than that now ( well as of 2 years ago) and the ice cream was to die for. They did a mean burger also if you feel the need. I loved Philly and the friendly people I met there. I loved wandering around the city centre tourist spots, shopping Malls and especially the Reading Terminal Market. The cheesecake and the freshly squeezed Orange juice was to die for, and a great place to listen to the guy play the piano by the open tables, while watching the people go by. I don't remember ever feeling happier in a place away from the UK. Philadelphia will always hold a place in my heart along with the Eagles. I have followed them since the UK started showing American Football on the tv many years ago and seeing them in the flesh was a dream come true. This season promises much and I hope they fullfil their dreams and lift the trophy at the superbowl final in Florida in 150 days time. I can live in hope.

8. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@pyffy...will comment in your shoutbox when through with clients; seems we've stolen the thread here!

9. pyffy

pyffy Regular member

@ gerry
    Okey dokey will look there mate.

Meantime I would like to bitch about the old time classic [bold]"The British Weather"[/bold], Why is it that as soon as you pack away the summer shorts and Tshirts after your holiday and get out the sweats and jeans ready for the wet n windy weather at hand does the weather throw a spanner in the works and the have the sun beat down and fry your over dressed arse? Its as hot today here as it has been in weeks and I feel like a mangrove swamp. Roll on home time and I can go home, shower and retire to the garden with a cold beer.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2006
  10. ireland

ireland Active member

a little bitch with a smile

Paris Hilton Arrested, Charged With DUI

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Paris Hilton was arrested early Thursday for investigation of driving under the influence after she was spotted in Hollywood "driving erratically," police said.

Hilton was arrested shortly before 12:30 a.m., said police Officer I. Isabella.

"The officers observed that Hilton exhibited the symptoms of intoxication. A field sobriety test was conducted at scene, and the officers determined she was driving under the influence," Isabella said, reading from a police statement. He said officers stopped Hilton because she was "driving erratically."

Hilton, 25, was booked on suspicion of misdemeanor DUI and released on her own recognizance, he said.

Her spokesman, Elliot Mintz, confirmed the arrest and said she had the minimum blood-alchohol level to warrant an arrest. The legal limit in California is 0.08.

"She's absolutely fine," Mintz said. "She didn't appear in the least bit to be intoxicated."

At the time of her arrest, Hilton was driving home in her Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren from a charity event where she had one drink,???????????????

the article here
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060907/D8K02OV81.html

11. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I know that one of the Gabour sisters married Hilton way back when. Paris Hilton MUST be related to them ... she looks just like them and has the same attitude lol! (I'm sure our youngsters don't have a clue who the Gabour sisters are but like Paris Hilton, lets just say the were famous for the sake of being famous and not because of any particular talent lol!)

12. ireland

ireland Active member

rebates were always my bitch

Rhode Island passes law for instant honoring of rebates
    Posted by Dan Bell on 07 September 2006 - 18:58 - Source: Hot Deals

k9cop used our news submit to tell us about this wonderful story from Hot Deals Club! I don't know about you, but I cannot stand rebates and avoid them. Most of the time I can get a similar deal by using the Internet and doing a bit of research. This rebate concept all started, to the best of my recollection, during the Carter administration. There was quite a depressed economy at that time and he devised stimulus plan that included among other things, a $50 tax rebate for everyone. Needless to say, this was quite warmly received by the lowly serfs toiling in the trenches. Unfortunately, the lawmakers were not so impressed with the idea, infact, I can't remember if I ever got that rebate. At any rate, this is the first I ever hear the word rebate, but I have been hearing it ever since.

Not long after that, the retail industry keyed on this positive feeling and began a similar program. It's really a great idea, but like many things, over time, it became less than it once was. In todays marketplace, there is discontent regarding rebate offers, as the feeling is, that if there is any way in heck to avoid honoring the deal, the consumer will be left holding the wrong end of the proverbial stick.

This must be more than just conjecture, or prejudice, as it appears in our tiniest state, they have taken a giant leap for the consumer.

According to news articles, a new law in Rhode Island requires stores to give rebates instantly. If a store advertises a price which requires a rebate to achieve the price, the store is required to honor the rebate amount at the register even if the rebate is handled by the manufacturer.

That means any in-store, print, or media advertisements which show an after-rebate price, they are required to honor the after-rebate price during checkout. If a store omits the existence of a manufacturer rebate while advertising products, then the store would not be responsible to honor the rebate. (thanks, Felix) Hats off to Rhode Island lawmakers.

Every year, attorney general offices in every US state receive complaints totaling millions of dollars of unpaid promised rebates. Although the most common reason for unpaid rebates is customers forgetting to mail in a rebate form, often rebates go unpaid because of confusing instructions, incomplete forms, or the rebate company loses the paperwork.

Apparently, this law went into effect last July 3, and in the meantime, even caused a rush to stores for free Pepsi! Until my state can offer instant honoring of rebates, I will continue shopping online. For good deals on items of interest for CD Freaks, be sure to visit our Bargain Basement Forum. There, you can often find great deals on drives, media, etc., no matter what part of the world you live in. Also, feel free to pass along any bargains you find!

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13924

13. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

You nailed it Gerry! The Gabor sisters and Paris Hilton very little talent; married or inherited mucho dinero! Some peolple just have all the luck. LMAO.

14. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I'm still on my rant: almost nowhere in the country will you find architecture like this:

[​IMG]

and what do they put in front of it? ...a statue of sly stallone pretending to be a boxing heavy weight champ. Belongs at the oscars, not the art museum:

[​IMG]

As an artist (I paint and draw), I find this as distasteful as I do annoying. The whole art community is in revolt here in Philly. I suspect there will be some serious vandalism on this piece of crap statue when no one is looking.

15. pyffy

pyffy Regular member

Late night vigilantism in Philly may be the answer Gerry. Have you ever seen Cool Hand Luke? The tool used to cut the heads off the parking meters would work a treat on the legs of that statue don't you think?
    Not that I would condone such a thing.

[​IMG]

16. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@pyffy...LMAO! I'm sure you're right; fear not though, I'm getting too old for that sort of thing, I'll leave it for the youngsters at the art schools.

Some weeks ago, in the art museum area, I saw some students (I'm assuming) driving around with ladders putting orange construction cones on the heads of all the statuary and others photographing. I had a good laugh...it truly was comical.

I'm sure your right, someone will put that statue in its place.

17. pyffy

pyffy Regular member

until they do Gerry here's something to keep you smiling. I just received this in my inbox and thought I would share. Appologies if this has been posted elsewhere on the site.....I am not spamming just cut and pasting, the badly thought out web sites.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
  18. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

LMAO!! I've already got that circulating the office lol!

19. ireland

ireland Active member

ye guys might have a bitch,in fact i know ye will bitch as ye got no taste of me Whiskey Cake me bride made yesterday..I is eating some now..............

heres how to make it....

Chocolate Whiskey Cake

Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Cakes Desserts
    Irish

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1/2 cup Raisins
    1/2 cup Walnuts -- chopped
    1/2 cup Irish whiskey
    1 package Semisweet chocolate chips -- (12 oz)
    1 cup Butter or margarine -- at
    room temperature
    1 1/2 cups Granulated sugar -- divided
    8 Eggs -- separated
    1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
    1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon Salt
    3 cups Heavy cream
    1/2 cup Confectioners' sugar
    4 Squares semi-sweet chocolate -- optional (1 oz ea)

Preheat oven to 350~F. Butter two 9-inch round cake pans. Line bottoms with wax paper; butter and flour paper.
    Combine raisins, walnut and whiskey; let stand 30 minutes. In double boiler over hot, not simmering water, melt chocolate. In bowl with mixer at high speed beat butter and 1 cup granulated until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla until light and lemon-colored, about 5 minutes. Reduce speed to medium; beat in chocolate. Reduce speed to medium; beat in chocolate. Reduce speed to low; gradually beat in flour and salt. Stir in raisins and walnuts.
    In another bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
    Beat in remaining granulated sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, until stiff peaks form. Stir 1/3 of mixture into chocolate batter to lighten; fold in remaining mixture. Spoon batter into pans. Bake 35-45 minutes or until inserted toothpicks comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans; peel of waxed paper and cool on racks.
    In bowl with mixer at high speed beat cream with confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form. Spread top of 1 cake layer with whipped cream; top with other layer. Spread top and sides of cake with remaining whipped cream. If desired, sprinkle cake with chocolate shavings and curls. Let chocolate stand in warm place 1 square on wax paper. In short strokes, slide vegetable peeler across surface; repeat with second square. Press shavings onto sides of cake. For curls; place remaining chocolate on wax paper; pull peeler across in long, thin strokes. Makes 16 servings.
    Per servings: 587 cals; 7 g protein; 41 g fat; 199 mg chol; 49 g carb; 216 mg sodium. Formatted by Mary Wilson, BWVB02B.

20. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Yumm ... I'm jealous! I LOVE HOMEMADE PASTRY!! Why is, do you suppose, now that I've recently been told I'm a borderline diabetic that I get such incredible craving for that sort of stuff than I've ever had before. SOme sort of forbidden fruit syndrome?

Yesterday, I found this neat little french bakery in center city that sells everything at 75% off come 5:00. Getting off work at 4:30, I walk by the door about three minuits before the sale; it has a very long line as the 5:00 crowd gets out...I could be the first. Why do I discover such a thing only AFTER I'm told I can't eat anymore of it. Life just isn't fair ...so have a peice for me Ireland!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.