1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antomic

antomic Regular member

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  2. ireland

ireland Active member

3. ireland

ireland Active member

my bitch

THIS MAKES MORE SENSE THEN VIEWING VIDEOS ON A TOY LIKE A IPOOD 2X2 SCREEN AND WATCHING DOWNLOAD VIDEO ON A 17 OR 21 INCH COMPUTER.SCREEN

I WANT HIGH QUALITY DOWNLOADS SO I CAN VIEW VIDEO DOWNLOADS ON A 40 INCH SCREEN.

I can not believe kids and grown ups would pay for crappy video downloads. to view on a toy...

Users want video downloads on the TV
    GO HERE TO READ
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/34/295688#2390647

4. antomic

antomic Regular member

that sucks. I hate the quality on downloaded videos too. I down;oaded southpark from itunes, and it was pixelated and went at only 15 fps. Pathetic
    Edit: That's awesome! I'm gonna try and see the nude bathers xD

Last edited: Sep 20, 2006
  5. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@antomic .... LMAO!! I would wager that you are the first to make and post a "What I did while I was banned" video! The mods would have to tell you for sure, but I, for one, have never seen it!

6. antomic

antomic Regular member

glad you like it :)
    I am gonna put up another video of when I went to the arctic. I went there after going to Sweden.

7. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I can't believe I watched the whole thing....

8. antomic

antomic Regular member

you poor soul xD
    Anyone see a good movie? i don't know if it's worth supporting the people who sue anything that moves.

9. ireland

ireland Active member

quote antomic
    i don't know if it's worth supporting the people who sue anything that moves.

your right,boy can she move...

[​IMG]

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I want my 4 1/2 minutes back. You need to get out more often young antomic.

11. antomic

antomic Regular member

LMAO! i always laugh when I scroll to the bottom of the page seeing that pic.
    I can't believe how fit i got in 2 weeks. You guys wouldnever believe this: I RAN THE MILE TODAY IN 7 MINUTES!!!! I had a 2 minute improvement since last year! After a finished, I ran another half mile, because i didn't feal tired. I LOVE MY YOUTH! IT GIVES ME SO MUCH ENERGY! I could start running right now! I wonder if I'll get 6 minutes next time.
    EDIT: also, i think im going to retire my "must punish all artists" sig. So...anyone want it?
    Edit again: WHY DOES EVERYONE GET OFF WHEN I GET ON!!!!! AHHHHHH! STUPID CALIFORINIA TIME ZONE!!!!

12. antomic

antomic Regular member

*sorry double post :p*
    another thing...What happened to ipirate? Did he do something bad?

13. rav009

rav009 Active member

Probably, I wouldn't be surprised, he's been on the "Watch List" for ages..

14. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

There are many on the watch list...they get all the names from this thread.

15. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@antomic...some british guy (shaw methinks)said:

16. ireland

ireland Active member

HERES A REAL BITCH....FOR THE DAY...

Microsoft Media Player shreds your rights

Comment No more backups, or Tivo

By Charlie Demerjian: Thursday 21 September 2006, 10:08
    THINK DRM WAS bad already? Think I was joking when I said the plan was to start with barely tolerable incursions on your rights, then turn the thumbscrews? Welcome to Windows Media Player 11, and the rights get chipped away a lot more. Get used to the feeling, if you buy DRM infected media, you will only have this happen with increasing rapidity.

One of the problems with WiMP11 is licensing and backing it up. If you buy media with DRM infections, you can't move the files from PC to PC, or at least you can't and have them play on the new box. If you want the grand privilege of moving that content, you need to get the approval of the content mafia, sign your life away, and use the tools they give you. If you want to do it in other ways, you are either a lawbreaker or following the advice of J Allard. Wait, same thing.

So, in WiMP10, you just backed up your licenses, and stored them in a safe place. Buying DRM infections gets you a bunch of bits and a promise not to sue, but really nothing more. The content mafia will do anything in its power, from buying government to rootkitting you in order to protect those bits, and backing them up leaves a minor loophole while affording the user a whole lot of protection.

Guess which one wins, minor loophole or major consumer rights? Yes, WiMP11 will no longer allow you the privilege of backing up your licenses,

CLICK HERE TO READ Backing up and restoring licenses
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/readme.aspx#1608319

they are tied to a single device, and if you lose it, you are really SOL. Remember that feeling I mentioned earlier? This is nothing less than a civil rights coup, and most people are dumb enough to let it happen.

Read the links, the entire page is scary as hell, but the licensing part takes the cake. "Windows Media Player 11 does not permit you to back up your media usage rights (previously known as licenses)", Wow, new terminology, old idea, you are a wallet with legs waiting to be raped. "The store might limit the number of times that you can restore your rights or limit the number of computers on which can use the songs or videos that you obtain from them. Some stores do not permit you to restore media usage rights at all." Translation, not our problem, and get bent, we got your cash.

But it gets worse. If you rip your own CDs, WiMP11 will take your rights away too. If the 'Copy protect music' option is turned on, well, I can't top their 1984 wording. "If the file is a song you ripped from a CD with the Copy protect music option turned on, you might be able to restore your usage rights by playing the file. You will be prompted to connect to a Microsoft Web page that explains how to restore your rights a limited number of times." This says to me it will keep track of your ripping externally, and remove your rights whether or not you ask it to. Can you think of a reason you would need to connect to MS for permission to play the songs you ripped from you own CDs? How long do you think it will be before a service pack, masquerading as a 'critical security patch' takes away the optional part of the 'copy protection'? Now do you understand why they have been testing the waters on WiMP phoning home? Think their firewall will stop it even if you ask?

Then when you go down on the page a bit, it goes on to show that it guts Tivo capabilities. After three days, it kills your recordings for you, how thoughtful of them. Going away for a week? Tough, your rights are inconvenient to their profits, so they have to go. "Recorded TV shows that are protected with media usage rights, such as some TV content recorded on premium channels, will not play back after 3 days when Windows Media Player 11 Beta 2 for Windows XP is installed on Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. No known workaround to resolve this issue exists at this time." Workaround my *ss, this is wholesale rights removal by design.

What WiMP11 represents is one of the biggest thefts of your rights that I can think of. MS planned this, pushed the various pieces slowly, and this is the first big hammer to drop. Your rights, the promises they made, and anything else that gets in the way of the content mafia making yet more money gets thrown out. Why? Greed. Your rights? History. You were dumb enough to let it happen, don't say I didn't warn you. µ

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34523

Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
  17. ireland

ireland Active member

CHECK WITH GOOGLE B-4 YE DO ANY SUNBATHING

Dutch TV hounds Google Earth topless sunbather

Here's a cautionary tale for those of you who like to indulge in a bit of light sunbathing in the privacy of your own patio: make sure you ring Google to see if they're planning a satellite pass-over before whipping off your top:

Topless sunbather captured on Google Earth

No sooner had the poor Dutch woman pictured here popped up on Google Sightseeing, than Digg got hold of her assets. This immediately prompted a heated debate - sadly not on the technological threat to privacy - but rather as to whether or not she really was enjoying her leisure time as nature intended.

Sadly, we may never know. Dutch TV quickly identified the address and moved in for the kill, dispatching a team armed with grabs from Google Earth to the sun-worshipping resident's domicile. Luckily for her, she wasn't in.

go here to see the article,i would if i was you
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/21/google_sunbather/

18. ireland

ireland Active member

i have a real bitch,i b-4 posted the above expecting a return post or comment from from anyone..
    its as if ye all took ye marbles and went home..or xp-poop crashed..

i did take a shower,brushed me teeth and did my arse 3-times..
    and set in a tub of deodorant for 45 min..

19. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Awww :p

I was going to reply to your post but went for me dinner :D

However, I think I read it somewhere else on Ad too (posted by you :D) lol

It's pretty funny though imho

20. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@gerry1

You and Shaw said a mouthful. LMAO I could use some of that youth about now, but I don't want to go back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.