1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

and just how is that funny

2. regor

regor Regular member

ankle

Last edited: Oct 1, 2006
  3. regor

regor Regular member

my bitch is that you can't delete, or at least I don't know how to delete a message...

and if you don't think that is funny...

EAT CAKE!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2006
  4. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

not only is it not funny, but it is bloody ridiculous dribble

5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Rather pointless use of my screen's space if you ask me.

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

methinks those replies were meant for that word association thread

7. antomic

antomic Regular member

Methinks you guys need some video games. speaking of, I love killing people! It's so much fun! Whenever i grab the sword, i just cut through those little grunts like butter, and they run screaming.
    also, me and my friend were in the most hardcore spies vs. mercs match in chaos theory ever! Iyt was INTENSE! in the beginning, we managed to kill the mercs once, but they fought backand completely annialated me and my squadmate. My friend died the most, so he was out first. I thouhgt for sure we were gonna lose, but out of nowhere.....NECK GRAB, breakage, two mercs down in 2 blows. Our squadron still lost, but it was such a close match. We fought to the bitter end.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
  8. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@antomic...what ever happened to hiking, camping, riding bikes, sports and other outdoor activities at your age? You're too young to be sitting on your butt so much even if it is to play games. There are other types of play; you're going to get old before your time sitting at a computer on your butt so much. What ever happened the surfing you so got into when you were given a vacation?

9. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

dude, play a real game like Battlefield 2:Modern Combat on the xbox 360. Now that is a kick ass war game.

10. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Gerry, this is the generation that will soon be playing live action games with WMD's. Back in our time, killing someone meant beating the living tar out of them on a baseball field with a score of 31-4 or something like that. Fights always ended when one person got tired of getting beat on and called it quits. Firearms were always saved for real sports, like bambi, woodchucks and the other farm varmints. I have never in my life thought it would be cool to blow someone's head off with a 12 gauge shotgun. It really scares me how insensitive we have become to violence, killing, and stacking dead bodies up in the gymnasium because Sally Sue didn't want to go to the prom with Billy Bob. Columbine was due to 2 kids getting picked on, Beslan was an act of terror designed to overthrow a government. Sorry if I am in a soapbox rant mode, but think seriously for a minute, what joy is there killing something just because you can? When do online fantasies become trips to the local hardware store to purchase propane tanks?
    Not singling you out Antomic, but is our humanity becoming sensless automons whose sole reason for living is death? Please strike me dead now Lord if this is indeed the case, I don't want to see the future.

11. antomic

antomic Regular member

oh, don't get me wrong, i hate violence in real life, but in video games, its more like this

Antomic: Hey, I got snipes, let's get'em
    valleta:I'm in the back with two red guys. I need help!
    BAM!
    Antomic: I saved you.
    velleta: Thanks man, your the best.
    At the end of the game, everyone says good game and nobody is physically harmed. I don't believe violence is good in reall life. There is a fine line between the gaming world and the real world. Most of you guys wouldn't go out and kill everyone just because you played call of duty, right? (hopefully)

Also . i still do all that stuff. It's just that my friend i know in real life (squadmate) got xbox live for the first time, so me and him were having a blast. I had no school on monday, so i went skateboarding.
    another thing,

Double agent is coming out soon!!!!!! I can't wait to get it!

12. regor

regor Regular member

dribble this

13. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@blivetNC...I think you're right, my friend, and it scares me too. Because of my job, I have to go to Philadelphia high schools once in a while and it never fails to astonish me when I go. I see so many HS drop outs in my line of work and when I walk into those schools, I'm 100% sure I'd have been a drop out too if I had to go to schools like that. I'm a little out of the ordinary in the sense that I went to private schools but I know with certainty that our public schools in my home town were nothing like Philly's. Being a big city, Philly schools have always had a rough edge but my friend here tell me that they werent anywhere near this bad many years ago.

I guess you're right about the video games too; I wouldn't trade my low tech childhood of camping out, games of "capture the flag" and our fort in the middle of the forest made of logs and rope lashings! I guess a Philly kid would have to travel quite a distance to experience a similar childhood though. Forest hell...there are hard places where you're hard pressed to find a tree LOL!

My bitch of the day is that I got out of the hospital on Friday and found that Ireland seems to have left us...sad indeed. He left a contact and I'll stop by and say hello. Ireland is one of my favorite people and it saddens me that he left because of the actions of a few.

14. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

Well that's my bitch!!! I thought Ireland was on holiday (or something like that) from AD for a while. Is he really leaving?? That would be really tragic. Too bad.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  15. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@tranquash...it seemed strange not to see any posts or pics from, I always look forward to his info, his pics and humor so I looked at his profile and saw this is the shoutbox

http://my.afterdawn.com/ireland/

I won't bother to post the link to the thread but one of our members posted some pretty foul language which his grandkids saw and read; I too was rather surprised when I saw the thread. We've got kids as young as 10 here. We need to watch what we say; there is a difference between double entendre humor and blatent sexual cursing defended by people who should know better.

16. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i just left a note in irelands shoutbox; i thought we'd sorted the thread(s) with swearing in. I haunt the safety valve daily (among others) to keep all the pointless crap/profanities out of the place but can't always catch everything quickly enough. as i say i'm sure we sorted that thread already..

@gerry - pls PM me a link to refresh my memory..

17. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

I hope Ireland comes back. It's a great loss.

18. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@tranquash...I certainly agree. He's a great guy .... you know, aside from the great info, the pics and his humor, there something about Ireland that adds a certain constancy; I don't know if that makes any sense.

19. ireland

ireland Active member

I CAME TO BRING YE THIS ARTICLE,
    I love the apples DRM and the ipoop NOT..
    Let see if the afterdawn staff members pick up and support this article..

Defeating DRM Day
    Warning DRM! Digital Restrictions Management

[​IMG]
    read this and make a comment
    http://my.afterdawn.com/ireland/blog_entry.cfm/1278

20. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Ireland! Stick around man - we're gunna miss you :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.