1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ireland

ireland Active member

time for all ye guys and gals to watch a movie...
    i suggest this movie....

[​IMG]

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Ah right ddp - I have creaky to thank later on IRC :)

lol @ movie :D

3. ireland

ireland Active member

a little bitch

An interesting article from Slysoft:and cdfreaks

With the latest release of AnyDVD, version 6.0.8.0, SlySoft has again confirmed its position as the market leader in providing video DVD decryption software. With this version it is now possible to bypass the new "Protect DVD-Video" copy protection which first appeared on the DVD "Silent Hill" (german rental version).

Among other mechanisms, Protect DVD-Video comes up with a messed-up UDF file system, in which an IFO file appears with a zero-byte length on a regular PC. The unsurprising result is that these DVDs will refuse to run on a Windows PC with Windows Media Player, Windows Media Center Edition or all software players that are based on DirectShow (e.g. the very popular ZoomPlayer).

"With this copy protection the film industry clearly overshot the mark", says Giancarlo Bettini, CEO at SlySoft. "The premium customer who spent a lot of money on his multimedia home cinema and who, for quality reasons, would never even consider watching anything else but an original DVD, is being slapped in the face. These customers with their shelves stuffed with rightfully aquired DVDs, can't watch their videos."
    This is incredible nonsense! Any Media Center freak will have no choice but to install AnyDVD on his PC in order to watch his original DVD."
    "The film industry should actually thank us for taking care of their premium customers so well. Maybe one day I'll be nominated for an Oscar", Bettini adds with a grin.

Background info:
    The company ProtectDisc is being run by Volkmar Breitfeld, also managing director of ACE (FluxDVD copy protection). Remarkably enough, Volkmar Breitfeld was previously known for creating copy protection circumventing products like InstantCopy or InstantCD/DVD, before he changed fronts to selling copy protection mechanisms.

THE TOTAL ARTICLE POSTED AT CDFREAKS

Protect DVD-Video slaps face of PC and Media Center owners
    Posted by Dan Bell on 11 October 2006 - 17:58 - Source: ZDNet Blogs

The movie industry just doesn't get it. This is a new century and the times, they are a-changing. But the studio bosses just keep on ignoring technology like they are on rails, kicking the consumer where it hurts every chance they get. Another copy protection scheme that some studios may decide to use for DVDs, has hit the streets and is courting tinsel town. This time they want to try and stop you from using your legally purchased DVD movies on a PC! All of course in the name of stopping piracy. Right, I've seen that movie too, the plot's thinner than a Will Ferrell flick.

Protect DVD-Video is a copy protection technology that will not allow playback of discs sporting the protection on a Windows PC using Windows Media Player or DirectShow. Protect DVD-Video by ProtectDisc, is basically a mechanism for mangling the IFO file that is used for menus and such on a DVD movie and have it be reported to Media Player as a zero byte file ..very clever, but also annoying.

Of course, if you just dropped coin for a Media Center OS home theater PC, the interface uses the Windows Media Player by default, so this is a major pain in the posterior, if you mistakenly purchase a movie with ProtecDisc. But not to worry, it has been defeated already by Slysoft. However, it is a sad state of affairs when we have to pay for additional software in order to use our legitimate purchases on our equipment.

"With this copy protection the film industry clearly overshot the mark", says Giancarlo Bettini, CEO at SlySoft. "The premium customer who spent a lot of money on his multimedia home cinema and who, for quality reasons, would never even consider watching anything else but an original DVD, is being slapped in the face. These customers with their shelves stuffed with rightfully acquired DVDs, can't watch their videos."

Man, I wonder if Hollywood will ever wake up and realize who is buttering their bread? The thing that is really annoying, is most of the time, these DVDs are merely pressed copies of films that already made scads of money at the box office. So this DVD version enhances an already insanely profitable project. I say it is insanely profitable, as I know of few other places where workers receive tens of millions of dollars for a few months work. Those interested can read the entire blog by visiting this link at ZDNet.
    http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14096

Last edited: Oct 11, 2006
  4. hawthorne

hawthorne Member

Ah. What lengths big brother will go to to dupe the public. Back then I suppose they bought into this propaganda campaign.

5. ireland

ireland Active member

A BIGGER BITCH

4x 8x DVD discs being passed off as 16-18x in Taiwan

Posted by Dan Bell on 11 October 2006 - 17:33 - Source: DigiTimes

According to a DigiTimes reporter quoting "industry sources"; media that are in reality, 8x and 4x DVD+R/-R discs, are now being passed off as 16x and 8x respectively and the problem seems to be on the increase.

As demand for 16x DVD+R/-R discs grows with the increasing use of 16x and 18x DVD burners, some makers have mislabeled their discs with higher speeds in order to grab profits, the sources pointed out, noting that there have been reported cases of counterfeited TDK 8x and 16x DVD+R/-R discs made by small makers in Taiwan.

The article mentions that among Taiwanese manufacturers, only CMC, Ritek, Prodisc, Daxon and Lead Data are capable of producing the 16x discs. The smaller producers are limited to the slower 4 and 8x speeds.
    http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14095

6. ireland

ireland Active member

creaky i have a job for you..

shes figured out a way to spamming our shoutboxs with out being banned..by a mod...

[​IMG]

read this b-4 i delete this from my shout box..
    http://my.afterdawn.com/ireland/

misgladys,she did not post any post and can not be banned...this is a job for the admin's..........

misgladys (10 Oct 2006 14:04) gladys40x40@xxxxxxxx.com
    My name is Gladys,i saw your profile today and became intrested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and if you dont mind i will like you to send an email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am.Here is my email address(gladys40x40@yahoo.com) believe we can move from here!I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.Gladys.(Remeber the distance or colour does not matter even our age difrent because i have something very IMPORTANT to tell you,but love matters alot in life) please contact me with this e-mail address (gladys40x40/atxxxxxxxxxxxxxxc/o/m)

rev009 got one to
    http://my.afterdawn.com/rav009/

7. ireland

ireland Active member

ye think ye have a bitch read this

Restaurant owner's bad night

p2pnet.net News:- Jimi Hendrix's "The Wind Cries Mary" may cost Michael Dorr, the married father of two and the owner of Imbibe in Portland, Oregon, his business, says The Oregonian.

Dorr has been hit by the American Society of Musicians and Publishers who claim when one of their reps paid a visit to his restaurant, he heard covers of three songs, including the Hendrix classic, performed by local band Black Notes, says the story.

Dorr, "didn't think he had to pay the musicians and publishers group an estimated $2,000 to cover performances of copyrighted tunes" and now the ASMP is demanding between $750 and $30,000 for each song, plus attorney fees.

"It's basically going to bankrupt me and put me out of business," The Oregonian quotes Dorr as saying. "I can't afford the lawyer and the fees. It's going to close me down. It's scary for me and my family.

"The restaurant business is hard and on top of other things, business is slow. This is the icing on the cake."

Also See:
    The Oregonian - Restaurant owner says songs may cost him his business, October 9, 2004

p2pnet newsfeeds for your site.
    rss feed: http://p2pnet.net/p2p.rss
    Mobile - http://p2pnet.net/index-wml.php

(Wednesday 11th October 2006)
    http://p2pnet.net/story/10079?PHPSESSID=a4a0034b158a3557b50d77d6875d08b9

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

ireland, both you, rav & others who got her in your shoutbox can delete it as i banned her last night. that is why her name is in black if correct

9. rav009

rav009 Active member

Just read Michael Dorr's story, unbelievable.. :-X !!

Also, I deleted that spammers comments and am now spam free, feel's good :-D

Bitch for today; have a couple letters to write but can't pull myself away from the TV long enough to manage, gawd-dammit..

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I tried to delete gladys this am but haven't figured out how. Guess I'll try again.

Edit: After resizing window I was able to see the Trash can. What an idiot!

11. ireland

ireland Active member

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@ireland

I never deleted it to start with. I've figured it out. The window wasn't wide enough to show the trashcan and the box was not check to show delted items. Didn't matter I hadn't deleted it anyway. Gladys is gone forever now tho. LMAO

13. ireland

ireland Active member

its fun time in the afterdawn ok corral

[​IMG]

14. ireland

ireland Active member

plane crash in new york city..
    the plane hit a building
    check it out on ye tv..

15. antomic

antomic Regular member

@ireland
    that would make a cool signature for ddp.
    edit: I wish svtstang would come back :( he was a great guy. If he was mod, he would straighten out the consol forums pretty well, not that they aren't already under pressure.

16. ireland

ireland Active member

i was reading the rules per Ketola Admin look at the last case

Case examples regarding rule number five (5). No piracy.

Case: Pirated material, such as serial numbers and direct links to pirated, copyrighted material (including direct links to torrent files and ed2k links). PROHIBITED

Case: Technical, in depth discussion about copy protection circumvention (i.e. cracking). PROHIBITED

Case: Discussion about pirated content and piracy, such as converting (downloaded) video and/or audio files to DVD/AudioCD/whatever format. PERMITTED

Case: Discussion about copy protection circumvention in general (extracting encrypted content, such as DVD movies, compact discs, copy protected console and computer software, using existing software). PERMITTED

Case: Links to sites offering possibly pirated content (including torrent files and ed2k links). PERMITTED
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

17. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

OK, I am not trying to pick a fight here but, I remember seeing a thread (I can't find it now) in the All Other Topics section and it was someone asking about how to convert a movie or something they downloaded. The thread was closed and the answer given for closing it was "piracy".
    But, in that case, didn't this rule apply to that thread?

18. antomic

antomic Regular member

i think that last rule compromises ad's anti piracy measures

19. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Antomic ... burning the midnight oil me boy?

@Everyone...I'm at my sister's house in the little state of Rhode Island. I wanted to say hello to everone before hitting the hay. I took a train from Philadelphia to Providence; at $200 round trip, it's little wonder they can't sell the notion of public transportation to the general public. I could have rented a car for days for that little piece of change.

It was a trying trip. I hate cell phones at any time but for whatever reason, they seem even worse on the train. Why do people always talk twice as loud on a cell phone? Worse yet, why do they discuss such disgusting things which, under normal circumstances, they would never even discuss face to face?

Today, on my way to Providence, a pregnant women was discussing her obvious condition. Have they no sense of propriety these people? While eating my roast beef sandwich with some seriously stinky cheese, this strumpett just speaks without reservation and for the whole world to hear about how "dialated" she is and how deceiving certain cramps are. Do I really need to hear this while eating my pink and pungent roast beef sandwhich with honeymustard? Do I need to know the size of the widening abyss in the netheregions? Do I really need to know the intensity of her vaginal sizemic activity before the big explosion?
    What ever happened to sleeping on the train?

Ah well, enough bitching; I must go to bed anyway. If anyone knows of a way I can block cell phone connections for a twenty foot radius, would you kindly write and tell me how? Well, sleep tight, boys and girls!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2006
  20. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

I have heard that before, on a Trax Train. I was on my way up to the U of U one day and I guess this lady was trying to get to the U of U hospital or something because she was talking about the exact same thing as that lady was in Gerry1's case.

I was going to go to sleep too (its kind of hard on those stupid benches but its possible) as it was pretty early when I went up there. With the moaning and other garbage echoing though my head I could not fall asleep to save my life.

Luckily I had my MP3 Player with me, (A simple one, a USB memory stick with an attachment so it can play music stored on it), so I just plugged it in and my earphones cut out most of the sound by themselves, then with some gentle, quite, calming music (a river flowing with the occational light breeze) I was able to sleep for the majority of the ride up there (its about 2-3 hours!).

Hope your trip gets better Gerry!

Peace,

Pop Smith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.