1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

No, I originally had Corrected LTGA(Left Transpisition of the Great Arteries) I went 13 years with my heart than needed a Heart Transplant. So now Im just dealing with some common porblems associated with it.

2. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

why was rav009 suspanded?

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

rav009 was suspended? Can't believe that.

4. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

yeah dude it happened. I'm trying to figure out why.

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I better keep my mouth shut.

7. ireland

ireland Active member

and this is the main reason rev009 got suspended by herbsman

[​IMG]

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

9. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

He will come back, at least it was only a 2-day suspension :)

I am not asking for trouble but if you try to log-in with a temp suspended account does it just say "You cannot log in until XX day because you have been suspended?

10. ireland

ireland Active member

A suicide by hanging was mistaken for a Halloween decoration.

Origins: A few decades ago, Halloween decor amounted to a lone jack-o-lantern left grinning in a home's window as a welcome to trick-or-treaters. More recently, that aspect of the annual candy-grab has been elevated to Just hangin' around dizzying displays of orchestrated spectacle even as the door-to-dooring of costumed tykes has dwindled to the merest trickle in some areas. The more sedate homeowners unbend enough to set out a plastic skull or two or festoon their property's shrubbery with fake cobwebs, but their more exuberant neighbors go whole hog with the spooks and gore, strewing a coffin here, a skeleton there, and a hanging man somewhere or other.

It is that last bit which has contributed to an occurence of the most macabre sort. Having become accustomed to over-the-top Halloween ornamentation and even inured to it, in October 2005, passersby mistook a suicide by hanging for a fright night
    prop.

On 26 October 2005, the corpse of a 42-year-old woman was left suspended in public view for hours in Frederica, Delaware, because her lifeless body was assumed to be yet another Halloween display. The unnamed woman hung herself from a tree located across a moderately busy road from some homes. Her body, suspended about 15 feet above the ground, could easily be seen from passing vehicles.

State police spokesman Cpl. Jeff Oldham and neighbors said people noticed the body around 7:30 that morning but dismissed it as a holiday prank. Authorities arrived at the scene at 11:00 to begin the process of examining the scene and removing the body.

The death is being investigated as a suicide. The deceased lived about a quarter-mile from where her body was discovered.

This grisly account of intentional suicide by hanging being mistaken for Halloween tomfoolery is the reverse of what we've previously seen; deliberate attempts to present spooktacular visual effects resulting in accidental demises by the noose. All too often, young persons called upon to stage fake hanging scenes as part of scary tableaux have fatally miscalculated, thereby ending their lives.

Barbara "just say no to fake hangings; friends don't let friends hang out" Mikkelson

11. ireland

ireland Active member

With out rev009 being here the site does not feel the same to me...
    we are loosing to meny old timers...over small things..

i hope he comes back after his suspension....

Last edited: Oct 16, 2006
  12. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

He had some very good comments, I hope he gets back too.

13. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@ireland and Tran...I certainly agree with you both. Rav really was big on the forum rules...this seems strange somehow.

14. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@tocool4u .... I'm glad all went well for you buddy! Take good care of yourself too (that coming from me; talk about hyprocracy LOL!)

15. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

guys, it was only a 2day tempban, am sure he'll be back, the little tike :p

16. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Oh Rav will be back.

17. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

indeed.

my bitch of the day is the amount of offtopic stuff in threads, too many threads turn into mother's meetings. I don't know why people can't see the difference between Instant Messaging and forums. If people want to chat, go to ad buddies or msn messenger/skype or whatever. Or go have tea and scones in a cafe somewhere; get all talked out so we don't have to put up with pages of irrelevance on Afterdawn (edit- i don't mean this thread, i mean techie threads). </end rant>.

And pointless threads. i'm sure most posters get put off going into a forum and seeing loads of closed threads, i don't like to see them either, we just seem to attract the utterly pointless out there. Granted we could just hide more threads (instead of just closing them) to keep the place 'cleaner' but the point remains, if something's not worth saying, don't say it, buy another scone!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  18. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Mmmm, scone!

19. rav009

rav009 Active member

Hey fella's, I'm back after the notorious 2-day suspension over my sig.

Well, firstly, I'd like to say I'm sorry, the whole fiasco was entirely my fault, I rotated my sig from the one ireland made to my old one just for a change.

When DVDBack23 made me the sig, it was 70KB (over the allowed limit), I hosted & posted it, I noticed its huge-ness and re-sized & re-hosted it (this was 2-3 monthes ago) and continued its use.

So, I was in one of them "Lets change that old sig" moods, I logged into photobucket (the site I was using to host the sig) I by mistake, copied the URl from the old sig rather than the re-sized version, therefore my signature was in violation of forum rules and was dealt with accordingly, the AfterDawn moderators "police" (Thats the correct term for it IMO) the site well and do a good job, I mean I never saw the ban commin', had I known what I had done I would have done everything possible to stop it, unfortunatly my record now has a blemish upon it, which I can't alter...but at the end of the day, no-ones perfect, unfortunatly humans make mistakes, I copied and pasted the wrong URL and was scolded for it...no-ones perfect.

Atleast it was for a sig and not an outburst in the forums or somthing, stuff like thats againt my nature..I don't do "get angry over the internet", me, so I apoligize for that, it won't happen again..I promise.

I was not at all angry at the 2 day ban, just embarrased, that a Senior member (addict real soon, have 2500+ posts) that has been using the forums very freqeuntly for the last year made one of the most stupid mistakes in the book..dammit.

Again, soz about all of that.

/me continues posting & enjoyin aD and urges everybody to forget everything thats happend in the 48 hours :-D

L8rs guys.

-Rav

~Edited for 1 typo!~

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  20. hawthorne

hawthorne Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.