1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ireland

ireland Active member

2. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

I call this "company" they don't even know what the heck they're doing. I was like how do i do this? they're like hold on please let me find out on my computer. I hate them!

3. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Ireland...your pic makes me miss my grandpa. Grew his own pumpkins and made his own pumpkin seeds. Much better than those salty store bought things.

4. ireland

ireland Active member

GERRY1 I HAVE TONS OF RECIPES I WOULD LIKE TO POST..
    but that would take to long...

try this...

Cleaning Pumpkin Seeds

1. Scoop out the seeds and pulp from the pumpkin.
    2. Place in colander.
    3. Under cold running water, remove the seeds from the pulp and strings.
    4. Pat dry with a clean kitchen towel.

Roasting Pumpkin Seeds

1. Preheat oven to 300.
    2. Combine 2 or 4 T oil or melted butter plus ½ t salt per cup of seeds. If you like, you can add other spices like pepper, paprika, and/or garlic.
    3. Toss seeds with oil mixture until well coated.
    4. Spread evenly on a cookie sheet.
    5. Bake until golden, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
    6. Let cool on paper towels.

5. ireland

ireland Active member

have fun

Ghostly Green Brew

Serving Size: 6 Guinea Pigs.

Ingredients:

* 2 liter chilled ginger ale
    * 1/2 gallon lime sherbet

Directions:

Allow sherbet to soften for about 1 hour in bottom of punch bowl. Pour ginger ale over and stir until all sherbet is dissolved. For a great Halloween treat, serve in small well-cleaned pumpkins with a face painted on it, add a straw!

Mucous Membrane Milkshake

Serving Size: 4 Mucous Mutants.

Ingredients:

* 2 c Buttermilk
    * 2 scoops Vanilla ice cream
    * 1/2 c Pineapple juice
    * 4 tb Brown sugar
    * 2 c Milk

Directions:

With an adults help, measure all of the ingredients, except the milk, into a blender. Then blend on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add more ice cream if you like your mucus extra thick. Fill tall glasses with the mixture and refrigerate. Heat the milk in a small pan over medium heat until it begins to boil. Remove from the heat and let it cool until a film develops on its surface.

Using a wooden spoon, carefully scoop off the film and place some on top of each milkshake. If you need more mucus, just reheat the remaining milk and repeat this step. Blend chunks of pineapple into your milkshake (for phlegm balls) or red cherries (for blood clots)!

Rotting Pumpkin Nog

Serving Size: 10 rotten noggins.

Ingredients:

* 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree
    * 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
    * 4 cups milk
    * 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    * 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    * 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
    * 1 cup whipped cream
    * 1 pinch ground nutmeg

Directions:

In a blender or food processor, blend the pumpkin, ice cream, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mace in batches. Pour into individual cups. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.

Sulfuric Acid Swig

Serving Size: 6 Sickly Swiggers.

Ingredients:

* 6 oz Lemonade, frozen concentrate - partially thawed
    * 1/2 c Lemon juice
    * 1 c Grapefruit juice - cold
    * 2 qt Lemon sherbet
    * 1 qt Club soda - cold

Directions:

In a large pitcher, mix together the lemonade concentrate, lemon juice and grapefruit. Add to this the amount of water required on the lemonade can. Pour the liquid into tall glasses, filling them halfway, and add a scoop of lemon sherbet to each. Fill the glasses with club soda and serve immediately. Just before serving, sprinkle the top of each glass with a pinch of lemon or lime-flavored powdered drink mix. Makes for a totally toxic-looking treat!

Bloody Eyeballs On The Rocks

Serving Size: 6 Thirsty Creeps.

Ingredients:

* 12 Radishes
    * 7 Oz Jar pimento-stuffed Olives
    * 46 Oz Can tomato juice

Directions:

You can see this drink is eye-deal on a hot day! This is a recipe for older Kids to make with an Adult's help. What you will need. Vegetable peeler, ice cube tray, tall glasses. Prepare these bloody eyeballs the day before you plan to serve them. With an adult's help, peel 12 radishes, leave thin streaks of red skin on them for blood vessels.

Use the tip of the vegetable peeler or small knife, carefully scoop out a small hole in each radish. Stuff a green olive, pimento side out, in each hole. Place 1 radish in each section of an empty ice cube tray. You may need to pare your eyeballs down a bit to fit the ice cube tray. Fill the tray with water and freeze overnight. Pour tall glasses 3/4 full of tomato juice and add a pair of eyeballs to each glass

Worm Burgers

Serving Size: 6 worm slurpers.

Ingredients:

* 1 1/2 c Mung bean sprouts
    * 1 lb Ground beef
    * 1 Egg
    * Salt and pepper to taste
    * Ketchup, Mustard, Mayonnaise
    * 6 Hamburger buns.

Tools:

* Mixing bowl
    * lg Frying pan
    * Spatula
    * Aluminum foil
    * Serving Platter

Directions:

Wash sprout (worms) with warm water. Using clean hands, mix one cup of the sprouts, the ground beef and the raw egg together in a bowl. Reserve the remaining srpouts until later. Form burgers into six patties. Place in fry pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

With an adult's help, cook on medium heat until they are well browned underneath. Carefully turn the patties, season again and cook until the second side is well browned. Place on open buns and serve with the worms sprinkled on top as a garnish. Don't forget the pus and blood.

Ghoulish serving suggestion: Use a very CLEAN hole puncher to punch holes in lettuce garnish and stick the worms through.

6. ireland

ireland Active member

last one till next year..,enjoy..

Sweet and Spicy Pumpkin Seeds

Makes 1 cup
    Pumpkin seeds must be completely dried out in the oven before combining with spices. Whether for cooking or carving, choose an unblemished pumpkin that feels heavy for its size; it will store well, uncarved, at room temperature, for up to a month.

1 medium pumpkin

5 tablespoons sugar

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon ground cumin

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

Pinch cayenne pepper to taste

1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil

1. Preheat oven to 250°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut pumpkin open from the bottom, removing seeds with a long-handled spoon. Separate flesh from seeds, and reserve the flesh for another use (see Pumpkin Pie). Pumpkin should yield 1 cup seeds. Spread seeds on parchment in an even layer. Bake until dry, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour. Let cool.

2. In a medium bowl combine 3 tablespoons sugar, salt, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, and cayenne. Heat peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add pumpkin seeds and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Cook until sugar melts and pumpkin seeds begin to caramelize, about 45 to 60 seconds. Transfer to bowl with spices, and stir well to coat. Let cool. These may be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.

Pumpkin Seeds

Also indexed as: Pepitas

Pumpkin seeds are good eaten as a snack, used in baking, or as a garnish for soups and salads.
    Skip to:

* Varieties
    * Buying and storing
    * Availability
    * Preparation tips
    * Nutritional highlights
    * Health benefits and concerns

Pumpkins and other winter squash are native to North and Central America but have since been cultivated around the world. The seeds are used as both food and medicine.
    Varieties

The seeds of all varieties of pumpkins and squash are edible. Green hulled pumpkin seeds are called pepitas and are often used in southwestern and Mexican cooking.
    Buying and storing tips

Pumpkin seeds can be purchased hulled or unhulled, raw or roasted. Like other nuts and seeds, pumpkin seeds can turn rancid quickly and should be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer where they will keep for several months.
    Availability

Although pumpkin seeds are available year-round, the best time of year to gather and dry your own pumpkin seeds are during the autumn months.
    Preparation, uses, and tips

Like most nuts and seeds, pumpkin seeds are especially delicious roasted because roasting brings out their natural flavor. Unfortunately, high temperatures are said to destroy the potency of their essential fatty acids. So, for best nutritional value, it is best to eat nuts and seeds raw. Pumpkin seeds are great tossed in salads, mixed with grains, or ground up and added to salad dressings, casseroles, soups, and baked goods. Both hulled and unhulled pumpkin seeds are enjoyed as a dry-roasted snack food.
    Nutritional Highlights

Pumpkin seeds (hulled), 142 seeds (1 oz.)
    Calories: 153
    Protein: 6.9g
    Carbohydrate: 5.05g
    Total Fat: 13g
    Fiber: 1.1g
    *Excellent source of: Iron (4.2mg)
    *Good source of: Zinc (2.1mg)

*Foods that are an “excellent source” of a particular nutrient provide 20% or more of the Recommended Daily Value. Foods that are a “good source” of a particular nutrient provide between 10 and 20% of the Recommended Daily Value.
    Health benefits and concerns

Acrodermatitis enteropathica

Acrodermatitis enteropathica is a rare inherited disorder that results in the inability to absorb adequate amounts of zinc from the diet. Anyone who is severely zinc deficient can develop the symptoms of the inherited form of this disorder. Pumpkin seeds, pecans, and Brazil nuts are all high in zinc. However, people with acrodermatitis enteropathica also need to take zinc supplements.

Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)

Pumpkin seed oil has been used in combination with saw palmetto, in two double-blind trials, to effectively reduce symptoms of BPH. Only one preliminary trial has evaluated the effectiveness of pumpkin seed oil alone for BPH. Researchers have suggested the zinc, free fatty acid, or plant sterol content of pumpkin seeds might account for their benefit in men with BPH, but this has not been confirmed. Animal studies have shown that pumpkin seed extracts can improve the function of the bladder and urethra; this might partially account for BPH symptom relief. Pumpkin seed oil extracts standardized for fatty acid content have been used in BPH studies in the amount of 160 mg three times per day with meals.

Depression

Pumpkin seeds contain L-tryptophan, and for this reason have been suggested to help remedy depression. However, research is needed before pumpkin seeds can be considered for this purpose. It is unlikely the amount of L-tryptophan in pumpkin seeds would be sufficient to relieve depression.

Kidney stones

Two studies have found that eating pumpkin seeds as a snack can help prevent the most common type of kidney stone, called a calcium oxalate stone. Pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo) seeds appear to reduce levels of substances that promote stone formation in the urine and increase levels of substances that inhibit stone formation. The active constituents of pumpkin seeds responsible for this action have not been identified. Approximately 5–10 grams per day of pumpkin seeds may be needed for kidney stone prevention.

Parasites

Pumpkin seeds have purported effects against tapeworms. Given their safety, they are often recommended as an addition to other, more reliable therapies. In Germany, 200–400 grams (about 6–13 ounces) are ground and taken with milk and honey, followed by castor oil two hours later. Tapeworms can cause severe illness and should be treated only with medical supervision. Human studies conducted in China have shown pumpkin seeds to be helpful for people with acute schistosomiasis, a severe parasitic disease transmitted from snails that occurs primarily in Asia and Africa. The assistance of a physician is required to help diagnose and treat any suspected intestinal parasite infections.

Health benefits and concerns for nuts and seeds

Many health benefits and concerns associated with this food are applicable to other nuts and seeds. Read about health benefits and concerns for nuts and seeds for a full description.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2006
  7. ireland

ireland Active member

HALLOWEEN puppy CAT

[​IMG]

8. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

that's a mean looking puppy... lol

9. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

So it's been almost 2years since i join AD. So i checked my post and it was over 1500. So i was happy that i was finlly afterdawn additc. But than i just saw the new RULE that it's 2500. SO I'm thinking i'll be banned before i turn to AD addict. well good night to all of you. Today was fun day and now rest and sleep with your wife because tomrrow will being the same crappy day.

10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

rihgt682, been 2500 posts to be addict status for at least 2 yrs i've been on this site. don't know were you got that 1500 post figure.

11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

my bitch today: rihgt682 is losing his mind. >.<

12. ddp

2nd that!! maybe lightning should strike him to put him out of his misery!!

13. antomic

antomic Regular member

Could the ranking system be rebuilt? I hate the fact that noobs who have only been here a few weeks go from noobiee to senior in 12 minutes.

14. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

ddp: i'm not saying that; he has put in some of his dues here. i'm just thinking that maybe someone needs to beat some maturity into him. with a rubber hose. (minimizes bruising but maximizes effect)

antomic: not effectively, no--AD is just too big. besides one can usually tell quite easily who knows what their talking about and who's full of BS by the style of post and the tone and vocabulary use therein.

it would be easier to get rid of rank altogether; in reality, true rank is measured through your reputation with the regular members of a site. those of high regard find themselves supported by members with those of bad reputation, even with a high rank, are often mocked, ostracized, or worse.

once less emphasis is placed on rank and more on reputation, you'll see less of a problem. there's just too many 12 year olds on AD these days.

15. ddp

antomic, can't go from newbie to senior unless have the post counts for senior & was between transition dates

16. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i think he was just exaggerating for a dramatic effect, ddp. ^.^

17. crowy

crowy Guest

Everyone have a read of this email I got from a friend.
    This is one for the little guy!!!!

A little background: Neiman-Marcus, if you don't know already, is a very expensive store; I.E., they sell your typical $8.00 T-shirt for $50.00. Let's let them have it! THIS IS A TRUE STORY!

My daughter and I had just finished a salad at a Neiman-Marcus Cafe in Dallas , and we decided to have a small dessert because both of us are such cookie lovers, we decided to try the "Neiman-Marcus cookie." It was so excellent that I asked if they would give me the recipe, and the waitress said with a small frown, "I'm afraid not, but you can buy the recipe."

Well, I asked how much, and she responded; "Only two fifty -it's a great deal!" I agreed to that, and told her to just add it to my tab. Thirty days later, I received m y VISA statement, and the Neiman-Marcus charge was $285.00! I looked again, and I remembered I had only spent $9.95 for two salads and about $20.00 for a scarf. As I glanced at the bottom of the statement, it said, "Cookie Recipe-$250.00". That was outrageous!

I called Neiman's Accounting Department and told them the waitress said it was " two fifty ", which clearly does not mean "two hundred and fifty dollars" by any reasonable interpretation of the phrase. Neiman-Marcus refused to budge.

They would not refund my money because, according to them, "What the waitress told you is not our problem. You have already seen the recipe. We absolutely will not refund your money at this point." I explained to the Accounting Department lady the criminal statutes which govern fraud in the state of Texas . I threatened to report them to the Better Business Bureau and the Texas Attorney General's office for engaging in fraud.

I was basically told, "Do what you want. Don't bother thinking of how you can get even, and don't bother trying to get any of your money back." I just said, Okay, you folks got my $250, and now I'm going to have $250 worth of fun." I told her that I was going to see to it that every cookie lover in the United States with an e-mail account has a $250 cookie recipe from Neiman-Marcus...for free. She replied, "I wish you wouldn't do this."

I said, "Well, perhaps you should have thought of that before you ripped me off!" and slammed down the phone. So here it is!

Please, please, please pass it on to everyone you can possibly think of. I paid $250 for this, and I don't want Neiman-Marcus to EVER make another penny off of this recipe!

NEIMAN-MARCUS COOKIES(Recipe may be halved)

2 cups butter
    24 oz chocolate chips
    4 cups flour
    2 cups brown sugar
    2 tsp. soda
    1 tsp. salt
    2 cups sugar
    1 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)
    5 cups blended oatmeal
    4 eggs
    2 tsp. baking powder
    2 tsp. vanilla
    3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)

Measure oatmeal, and blend in a blender to a fine powder. Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips, Hershey Bar, and nuts. Roll into balls, and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 112 cookies.

PLEASE READ THE RECIPE AND SEND IT TO EVERY PERSON YOU KNOW WHO HAS AN E-MAIL ADDRESS! THIS IS REALLY TERRIFIC!!

Even if the people on your e-mail list don't eat sweets send it to them and ask them to pass it on. Let's make sure we get these ladies $250.00 worth.

Enjoy the cookies, they are good....

18. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I myself just turned an AD addict a few days ago. I would hope I earned the right of the title. But again I have seen some senior members and addicts that have given some really crummy advice.

It wouldn't bother me anyway if the titles where gone. You can tell who knows their stuff and who doesn't just by reading the replies that are given.

Since the almost 2 years that I have been here I have learned allot from all members titles (Newbies/members/JR/SR/Addicts) Some newbies are actually well knowledgeable in the forum they just happen to have found the site recently and just joined. So it just shows that titles are not always what they seem.

@aabbccdd thanks for the compliment on the Signature. I didn't realize I was that photogenic myself.

19. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

lol @larry.

@antomic -
    - i think that very same thought a few times a day and even if i didn't, i read so much utter tripe around the site every day that i end up feeling that way anyway., grrrr

20. ireland

ireland Active member

my bitch for today,

RIAA sues wheelchair mother

p2pnet.net News:- In a new infamy, the Big Four Organized Music cartel's RIAA is suing a disabled, wheelchair-bound New York mother who's never downloaded a song in her life and who until the RIAA appeared, didn't know what file sharing was.

link
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/42/295688#2506725

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.